Sign in to follow this  

Texas Creek

I rode at Texas Cr today (Friday, 2/11/05), and ran into some snow.

The main Texas Cr Gulch has about 2-4" of snow about half way up to the Table Mtn Rd. The snow has been packed by ATVs, and is icy in spots. Once past the gulch and onto the Table Mtn Rd, I hit packed snow near the top, at the first intersection. I was unable to get all the way up to Table Mtn.

I rode over to Reese Gulch (west) and the lower trail is clear, but the middle trail has packed snow and was unrideable. Tucker Tr is clear. I did not ride Reese Gulch, but I think it is rideable. At the upper end and around to Maverick Gulch, there is probably snow, but I usually don't find it to be a problem. The terrain is very open, so the snow is usually spotty.

The road to the east and north (24?), to the cabin and grave site and the start of the single-track trail, was snowpacked and icy starting at the top of the hill where it goes over the top and starts to drop into the canyon to the northeast.

It was 60 degrees at noon today at the parking lot and overcast most of the afternoon, but not cold at all. I suspect that Sat may be cooler, but Sun should be just as warm as today, and also clear and sunny.

I plan to go back on Sun.

Thanks for the report. I was wondering about TC (if it was going to be worth the drive, etc). Going to Pueblo tomorrow solo. Be there around Noonish. If anyone sees me, please don't hesitate to call the ambulance. :) I'm not trying to 'sleep it off'.