Sign in to follow this  

Good places to ride in CA

Anyone have any Great places to ride at in California? Im looking for something that there is barely anyone at. Somewhere I can do anything. With transverse terrain. :):)

Go to the Southwest forum at the bottom of the page. You'll see people setting up rides in Nor Cal, Central Cal and So Cal every weekend.

Go to www.jawbone.org and order the Friends Of Jawbone Map for a couple of bucks, it will show you a lot of the high desert around me. When it gets to be after Memorial Weekend Kennedy Meadows will be opened up in the Sequoia National Forest. Great trails up there.

And like Brandon said, go to the S/W forum and check out the rides being put on or post for one of your own.

BTW I am working as a contractor at China Lake NAWS, where are you stationed (if your still in)?? It would also help if you posted your general location.

Hope this helps a little.

There are many great places to ride in Ca., from the socal desert, sierra nevada mountain, costal range ect. And while it may be getting tougher to find areas that are seldom used there are out there but tend to be tough riding or far away from civilazation, niether are bad things if your prepared. I ride alot in the high sierra & very seldom have to deal with high traffic areas. Note; get some good maps & stay away from the major staging areas + definately avoid the state OHV parks unless you can ride there in the middle of the week :)

Go to www.jawbone.org and order the Friends Of Jawbone Map for a couple of bucks, it will show you a lot of the high desert around me. When it gets to be after Memorial Weekend Kennedy Meadows will be opened up in the Sequoia National Forest. Great trails up there.

And like Brandon said, go to the S/W forum and check out the rides being put on or post for one of your own.

BTW I am working as a contractor at China Lake NAWS, where are you stationed (if your still in)?? It would also help if you posted your general location.

Hope this helps a little.

So, I didnt post my location because California is CA, doesnt matter to me. I am going to Barstow pres weekend and I live in Bay Area SF.

I am not in the service yet, in Sea Cadet Corps, Stationed in Parks RFTA, Dublin, CA. Unit Name is CBMU Det. Delta. :) Where is China lakes at? email me to see more about Sea CAdets!! Maybe your son joins?! if you have one!?! :):p:D:D:o

china lake is in the middle of the desert right next to ridgecrest.. my dad lives out there... hes retired navy...

So, I didnt post my location because California is CA, doesnt matter to me. I am going to Barstow pres weekend and I live in Bay Area SF.

I am not in the service yet, in Sea Cadet Corps, Stationed in Parks RFTA, Dublin, CA. Unit Name is CBMU Det. Delta. :) Where is China lakes at? email me to see more about Sea CAdets!! Maybe your son joins?! if you have one!?! :p:D:D:o;)

China Lake is where hwy 14 and hwy 395 meet in the high desert, with riding almost all around the city of Ridgecrest where I live. Don't have any sons so the Sea Cadets is out.

If you ever want to try out this neck of the desert drop me a line and we'll meet and I'll show you around. Charlie's Place (Wagon Wheel), Teagle Wash, Spangler Hills, Randsburg, Jawbone, Dove Springs, and Red Mountian are just some of the areas around Ridgecrest.

Have fun in Barstow. :)

Anyone have any Great places to ride at in California? Im looking for something that there is barely anyone at. Somewhere I can do anything. With transverse terrain. :D:D

If you want to get away from people i reccomend the eastern side of the seirras. I ride just south of bridgeport and i never see any other bikes at all! The are tons of road out there and you can get to some absolutely breath taking views and rides. I have found old silver mines and some really old cabins. Not to mention wandering up to 11,000 feet to over look about a dozen lakes. :):):p thats my favorite spot

China Lake is where hwy 14 and hwy 395 meet in the high desert, with riding almost all around the city of Ridgecrest where I live. Don't have any sons so the Sea Cadets is out.

If you ever want to try out this neck of the desert drop me a line and we'll meet and I'll show you around. Charlie's Place (Wagon Wheel), Teagle Wash, Spangler Hills, Randsburg, Jawbone, Dove Springs, and Red Mountian are just some of the areas around Ridgecrest.

Have fun in Barstow. :)

well, im going to cal city and barstow area this weekend, isnt that riding distance? ANyways, I will be on a honda crf 150 if it is riding distance, good chances of me getting to china lakes. Later man, thanks.

Our trailbike club (TBSA) will be at Spangler Hills (Searles Station Rd) this weekend. The riding conditions should be outstanding, if the current storm passes through by then.

Hey I used to be in the USNSCC in El Segundo CA. That was a while ago though. Hubbard Division, Great fun. Capt. of Color Guard, silent Riffle drill team, and leading Petty Officer before I graduated. Also recieved George Elkins award for excellence. When I could'nt serve any longer ( age 18 ) I joined and had a blast. Next time your riding So Cal high dez. drop me a PM maybe we can meet up and ride together. As long as it's before April. Got a little girl on the way.

Just a word of caution. There are areas of the Mojave in which abandoned mine shafts are reasonably common. Many if not most are not marked, but many are open, and can be VERY deep. Find out where they are.

Dublin Ca. does'nt leave to many options!!. Carnegie cycle park is close & has some good riding. But ABIT!! to many riders for me, Unless you can ride mid week?,. Sandhill ranch between Byron & Livermore has a good practice area for MX. Beyond that your not that far from endless OHV riding in the central sierra mountains. Of course most of it it buried in snow this time of year!!. If you have the time get a good forestry map & you can have the offroad time of your life with the variety of terrain + awesome views of the high country!!!!. :)

well, im going to cal city and barstow area this weekend, isnt that riding distance? ANyways, I will be on a honda crf 150 if it is riding distance, good chances of me getting to china lakes. Later man, thanks.

The weekends plans are not firmed up yet and Cal City is an easy ride from here. Barstow would be a little longer and take more planning. I will post more when I find out what's up. Either way have a good time. :)

u better be doing the no-rain dance!

It is overcast and partly sunny but dry as a bone and has been for the last 4 1/2 days. If the weather holds, and it should, it will be a great weekend!

i was out in apple valley last sunday and the weather could not have been more beautiful. i was surprised how much sun there was out there. it was atually warm. then we had to drive back into the dismal city. oh well! as long as i can get 1 day of riding in on the weekend i am pretty happy.

Our trailbike club (TBSA) will be at Spangler Hills (Searles Station Rd) this weekend. The riding conditions should be outstanding, if the current storm passes through by then.

Hello Chas M,

I am kinda in your TBSA Club. Do you know the name Lyall Fisher? I am a good friend of his. We did make it to the desert this weekend but were unable to find you guys. We printed the website but half the directions got cut off, so we got lost after trona road. Instead, I think we went to last years location, over south of Randsburg, on cuddeback road and 20 mule team pkwy off of 395. We looked all the way up to ridgecrest for sprangler hill,s but no luck. Anyways, I think this is iterresting that we made contact. My name is Jonathan Handall. if you get this, my email address is us_navysailor_76@comcast.net. Please feel free to drop me a line and maybe the monthly newsletter. I went with you guys to sweetwater and love trail riding. Had a blast this weekend, even with the rain. Talk to you later. Hope to talk soon. :) I just got back from the dez, am i wish i was still there!!! :)

I actually ended up in the red mountain and randsburg area, nicest riding I been to in a long time. i did g othrough ridgecrest and saw china lake (kinda), anyways, i dont know if youve heard of bickle camp, rode through there , had fun, be going back within the year.