Sign in to follow this  

heel toe shifter for CRF50

Anyone know if there is a heel toe shifter for the 50? My son has some trouble upshifting, so a heel shifter would solve the problem

The only heel toe shifters I've seen (one for a quad would fit) would be a little harder cause they're so big! I used to have trouble shifting up so all I did was reposition the shifter so it's pointing down more and you can get more leverage.

A great idea, but getting use to a heal shifter at such an early age will become a hard habit for him to break in future years. Do you have the shifter adjusted up on the splines to allow enough room to get his boot under it and lift with his whole foot? If there is only enough room to get the toe under than this could be the problem. If you still want to pursue the heel shift just get an old shift lever, bend it to fit and weld it on the back of your lever...

I completely agree with Karlznet - if your son gets used to using the heel/toe, when he moves up to the bigger bikes - he's always gonna be jamming for the heel.

I don't know what kind of luck you'd have, but if you are set on it - the LIFAN motors use the heel/toe lever. You might possibly check with a distributor on Ebay or something and see if you could buy just the shift lever. Maybe it will fit - but I am not sure - sorry! Good luck!