Sign in to follow this  

05 or 04 R Cam for my X

I am tired of waiting for Hot Cams...I was wondering what cam do you all think is better?? 05 or 04??? :)

They're so similar, I doubt you'd notice the difference. The '05 R cam has a few degrees earlier closing point on the exhaust lobe which should increase the midrange a small amount. Honda makes the same claim on the HondaNews site.

"The 2005 CRF250R boasts a revised engine that sacrifices nothing in terms of top-end power while gaining a healthy boost in midrange grunt. Such a claim may sound like hype, but in truth, it's just plain sound engineering backed up by endless hours of work. When comparing the 2005 CRF250R to the 2004 model, dyno charts reveal just a pinch more peak horsepower for the new machine at the same 11,000-rpm engine speed, but this 2005 engine churns out a distinct advantage from 6000 rpm all the way up to the power peak. The meatiest portion of this jump in power takes place from 6000 rpm to 9000 rpm-just the ticket for blasting out of corners or sparking the perfect launch over a double- or triple-jump."

Although some of that midrange is probably due to head changes for '05, I'd say go for the '05 cam.

I put an 04 r cam in my 04x, rode one enduro and pull it out, Hated it, lost tons of low end. I'll sell an 04 r cam if you want it ?

I put an 04 r cam in my 04x, rode one enduro and pull it out, Hated it, lost tons of low end. I'll sell an 04 r cam if you want it ?

In that case, get the '05. I'm lovin mine :) .