Sign in to follow this  

Whaddya think.....????

Been in the market for a nice DS bike for running the miles and miles of trails out in utah.

Looked at DRZ 400S, and others, but I found found a beauty.

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/7/77946637.htm

I checked KBB for pricing, and it seems to be a good deal.

Ive never ridden before, but Im an avid mountain biker. This is basically for taking me the distances where I cannot ride a bike. Ive always opted to get things that I can grow into, and it has served me well. Looking for a quiet, great DS bike good for miles of jeep trails, and a few miles on the road. Tell me what you think!!!

I put a deposit down, but Ive got 24 hours to cal it off.................

:)

Tx!!!

i have a friend that had one. he said it was a great bike " but too heavy" he now ride's a 03 drz 400 and loves it. czlou

Looks like a kick ass bike that will do everthing that you need it for. I would go for it :)

Looks pretty sweet :) But with your MTN biking background you'll probably be ripping down the singletrack in no time. At which point you may well wish you had a lighter more nimble bike, like a DRZ400. However if you're planning on doing much long distance road stuff (more than a couple of hours) this is probably the best compromise you can get.

Looks like a nice bike, probably doesn't weigh too much more then a DRZ400 S.

I like the colors on it. Hit up the KTM 640 forum here and see what they say.

Weeeeeeellllllllllllll

I got to reading last night, and it seems like that KTM has a nasty vibration problem to it. Ive been reading about all of this for a few weeks, and I just couldnt seem to find a good bike for my purpose that wasnt ugly as hell. I really liked the way that ony looked, and aside from the vibration issues, it sounds like it would have been a great bike.

The seller wasnt interested in doing any extra work whatsoever to close the sale, so I let it go. Not too sure I wanted to drive 500 miles to get a bike I didnt see.

So Im back to looking for a 2002+ DRZ400S.

If this forum wasnt down earlier and I had read all of the favorable responses, I may have held onto it.

Oh well................. :)

Interested in this one.......Honda Xr600

Ive tried and tried to find reviews of this bike, but it seems no one has them.

Can someone tell me how this compares to a DRZ 400s? How much does it weigh?

Thanks!!! This board is great... :)

Try and get a plates xr400. They are great for new riders and you can get them fairly cheap. I found an 01 in the socal cycle trader last week for 3400$ and it is loaded. If you are interested and in socal pm me and I'll give you the number so you can see if he still has it.

Ive looked at a few of them, but I am hesitant to get something that has no odo gauge or hour gauge. Just not sure if it has 20k, or 1k on it.........Ya know?

Whats the weight difference between an xr400 and an xr600?

A good buddy picked up a plated XR400 from a known friend, and loves it.

I did research for about the same thing you're looking for, and now have a 03 DRZ400s that I love. I've had it on the trails at Rowher Flats, and it is a smoking trailbike. Taking it out to the desert next weekend.

IMO, you can't go wrong with a 02+ DRZ. :)

Jim

Ya, Ill be riding an Xr400 tomorrow, so that should help me out a lot in the decision making..............

Have you ridden your friends bike? If so, how do they compare?

Been in the market for a nice DS bike for running the miles and miles of trails out in utah.

Looked at DRZ 400S, and others, but I found found a beauty.

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/7/77946637.htm

I checked KBB for pricing, and it seems to be a good deal.

Ive never ridden before, but Im an avid mountain biker. This is basically for taking me the distances where I cannot ride a bike. Ive always opted to get things that I can grow into, and it has served me well. Looking for a quiet, great DS bike good for miles of jeep trails, and a few miles on the road. Tell me what you think!!!

I put a deposit down, but Ive got 24 hours to cal it off.................

;)

Tx!!!

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha :):):p:D:D:o ---Grow into, that bike's a TANK. Theres a big difference from a 10 pound mountain bicycle, and a 300++ pound dual sport. If I were you Id look for somethin a LITTLE BIT lighter. Like a 450 motocross four stroke thats plated, or you can plate it.

Ya, Ill be riding an Xr400 tomorrow, so that should help me out a lot in the decision making..............

I have ridden both, xrs' are great bikes and power wise similer to a drz s but if you could get an Drz 400E with a plate it would be the bike for you! The 400 e make the xr feel more like a 250 than a 400. Water cooled, e start, endless hop up potential!!! Drz.. And you can turn an S into an E pretty easy. :)

I haven't ridden his, but for me, I can't think it would be a better trailbike. Plus, finding a plated XR400 in CA is not that easy, and once you have a street legal DRZs, you can do anything you want to it (in theory), and it's still street legal...

Dammit, Just found a plated DRZe, and it sold already.........

Poop.

Still thinking about that KTM.........mmmmmmmm Maybe the guy will be more ready to negotiate after no offers for it.

otherwise Im still looking XR 400's, and DRZ's

I guess Im too slow................

I would seriously look into the XR400 as it sounds like you are. The thing is reliable, and there is a very devoted following to them for a reason. The XR's come with an odometer, and are easily streetable.

I may be partial to the XR's since I have one, and I am a fairly new rider. At 6' tall and 250 lbs the thing has plenty of power for what I want to do, and is a good woods bike, plus there isn't a raidator to mess up when you go down (trust me you will). The unfortunate thing about the XR400's is that they are no longer being made by honda in favor of the new CR450F. If you want opinions on the XR other than mine check out the XR250/400 forum.