Sign in to follow this  

Navada Mystery 250 - who's riding it ?

Anyone else running the Mystery 250 this year? I'm running it with 3 other friends! I can't wait - always a good time!! :)

dp400 :)

I rode it the last two years, enjoyed the hell out of it, but they jacked the entry up to $250 this year and to me it's just not worth it. :p

I figure a two day ride that I could just as well do myself, a crappy hotel, a marginal buffet dinner and breakfast, and a raffle that lets the sponsor win his prizes back just doesn't do it for me this year. :)

I'm sure it'll sell out again this year, it really is a good ride. The Trail Dogs do a great job out on the trail, with gas and lunch stops, etc. I just don't think it's worth $250, a 43% increase from last year, since I've already done it a couple of times. :)

Man your a cranky OldeDude !! :p

It's only money Bro. It's a GREAT time all the way around!! I haven't done it it 2-3 years and really looking forward to it!! :) Yea maybe they bumped the fees up but the fee was always cheep as far as I was concerned. It's the one time a year thats gets me out to the desert - and ALWAYS worth it!! :)

dp

Hope you have a great ride. :)

They say they're doing a new route this year, which would be nice after running the some course two years in a row. Like I said, I really did enjoy the ride the last two years, and I could maybe see raising the price to $200, but to me $250 is just getting greedy. I'm sure they'll sell out though, and the fact that they sold out last year in nine days probably has a lot to do with the big increase in the entry. :)

:D Yes, Yes, Yes,

After trying the last 2 years without making the cut, I had to go! :p

It's in the beautiful state of Nevada! :D

I was invited! :o

I've ridden the area before and really enjoyed it. :D

They're feeding me and putting me up in one of Nevada's quality Motels. ;)

I may win some free chain lube! :)

We may even see a few squirrels, donkeys, and barmaids! :)

Hey Scott, sounds like you must have gotten my spot, since I'm too cheap to go this year. :)

They said they're doing a different route this year, but I'm sure they'll still start it off with the five or six water crossings they do every year. Careful you don't drown the dinosaur. :)

Here's a pic of the first water crossing from two years ago.

OldeDude Riding by a Drowned Blue Bike

I rode it the last two years, enjoyed the hell out of it, but they jacked the entry up to $250 this year and to me it's just not worth it. :)

I figure a two day ride that I could just as well do myself, a crappy hotel, a marginal buffet dinner and breakfast, and a raffle that lets the sponsor win his prizes back just doesn't do it for me this year. :D

I'm sure it'll sell out again this year, it really is a good ride. The Trail Dogs do a great job out on the trail, with gas and lunch stops, etc. I just don't think it's worth $250, a 43% increase from last year, since I've already done it a couple of times. :o

and to think for $40 bucks you can ride the 4th anual WCTT and have the timeof your life for 3 days. Four Star Tent Accomidations, 3 Working showers, A Lake to swim in, Fish in throw your kids in and all this with a back yard of 95 Plus miles of the greatest trails and scenary in Califnornia.

But Wait, Act now and you will recieve a Big Smile when you arrive garrunteed to last at least 3 weeks after :D

And thats not all, you also get some really cool stuff

Think we are done yet, No Way

We will add the Famous Tri-Tip BRC BBQ (For a special price) along with

Guided Rides

Family Fun Poker Run

Movie Night (Sat Only)

Awards

Bench Racing

and just down home fun with Families, Friends and the general goof balls at Thumpertalk.com

So dont waist another moment sign up today

http://wcttr.thumpertalk.com ;)

The above has no affiliation with much of anything and prices are not subject to change

Viewer discression well realy there is no view discression just read te Code of Conduct :):p

I've riddin it 3 times and it's a very fun ride - Highhhhhhhhhh speeds - sandy river beds - water crossings it's got something for everyone.

The last time I rode it we rode 140 miles the first day and 130 the second - that was some kick a$$ riding!! Can't wait - those high speeds take some getting used to :) Gotta keep your eyes WAY open - things happen fast!! :D

I was crusing down a two track trail at about 50 next to a buddy when we came up on a ditch accross the trail (lots of stuff like that) and all we could do was punch it and pull the front ends up. Rear end hit the edge but we rode it out OK - a buddy behind us said his rear end swapped side ways almost passing his front end. :p

goooooood times :)

dp

$250? that's a bike payment and more. Scott you're not running that mystery thing. Fess up.

Morningrider

Why don't you run the 250 - you will get a real chance to see what that Husky is made of! Nothing like being tapped out in 6th gear while your bike is dancing around in the sand !! Step it up DUDDDDDDDDDE:D

Superslyko is going to ride with my group - he's gonna have lots of fun!! :)

dp

:) It's only money!

You can't come up with forty bucks for a race, but two fifty for a desert ride? :D jeezzz, what a life :) You better get a bike before going on this trip, or you'll piss off alot of riders.. :p

:) I can't win!

So, I'm signed up for the WCTT ride.......did it last year too! It's a blast. John cooks a mean BBQ! :D

I'm riding this Virginia City Grand Prix..............and it's not FREE! I hear its a real b**ch, and all I want to do is finish! :)

I'm doing the Mystery 250 for the 1st time! I've heard nothing but good things about this ride! :p(So olddude is crying.......but HE's riding a new bike!)

I'm buying this new bike NEXT YEAR! I can't afford it now, my kids keep after me to eat, the car needs brakes, smog, tires, I just spent $1700 on the heater for the home..................if I bought a new bike.........I can't think what my wife would do! :D

And hey, it gives everyone a chance to tell me why I should buy their bike! :o

Superslyko, you should have a blast at the Mystery. Just think, two days of riding, between 225 and 250 miles, and not many trees to worry about running into. :p

The course the last couple of years was pretty easy, the first 50 miles on the first day was by far the best, with all the water crossings and two canyons with some technical rocky and sandy singletrack. After that it was pretty much a cruise. Enjoy! :)

By the way, I have the roll chart and GPS routes from when I went. It's public land, so we can go over there and ride anytime we want. Don't have to do the whole thing, we could piece together as much or as little as we wanted to do. Doing a loop that included that first 50 miles could be a really nice ride. :)

For you guys that question the $250 price tag of this ride your getting your money's worth. I did this ride 4 years running except for last year and had a blast. Not only do you ride 250+ miles in two days you have sweep riders, chase trucks, gas truck, and someone to haul your bags. The hotel and food are paid for and a BBQ for lunch on the trail. Every year the ride is sold out with a waiting list a mile long so don't think it as a over priced ride. There is a lot of expenses that goes into this ride so 150 people can ride there dirt bikes down the highway with out getting busted

We had one guy get lost in the desert two years ago and they had no less than 10 people out all night looking for the lost rider. He was found safe and sound thanks to the sweeps and riders in the search party.

It might seem like a lot of money for some but piece of mind of a well marked, and organized group ride has to be worth something right?

Now where can I get $250 :)

Mystery 250 starting line up

This is getting too close to my dual sport ride. Ill be doing my last minute route sheet mapping, or Id go. Ive never made it to this ride. threatened to for 3 years and never have. :)

This is getting too close to my dual sport ride. Ill be doing my last minute route sheet mapping, or Id go. Ive never made it to this ride. threatened to for 3 years and never have. :p

Hey Cisco, the Mystery is a good ride, but I'll take your Broken Toe ride with you and the rest of the TT gang over it any time! :):)

I rode it the last two years, enjoyed the hell out of it, but they jacked the entry up to $250 this year and to me it's just not worth it. :)

I figure a two day ride that I could just as well do myself, a crappy hotel, a marginal buffet dinner and breakfast, and a raffle that lets the sponsor win his prizes back just doesn't do it for me this year. :)

Hey, maybe they bumped up the price because this year they're using better motels, food, etc.? Just a thought.

:p