Sign in to follow this  

Okanagan Valley

I wish the weather would make up it's mind. One minute the sun is out, the next minute it's snowing..Is anyone making an attempt to ride in or around the OK Valley this weekend?? Here in Kelowna it's too icy and there is not enough snow for the Trellies...... :)

we will be riding in ososoyos this sunday

dirt is good we have a little track

small area but , what ever it takes to get your fix i guess

:) hi guys..any mx tracks open there yet..need some saddle time..mission race in a few weeks :)

I agree with the weather thing. Too much snow and ice to ride the bike and not enough snow for my sled :) . I hate these weather patterns.

I wish the weather would make up it's mind. One minute the sun is out, the next minute it's snowing..Is anyone making an attempt to ride in or around the OK Valley this weekend?? Here in Kelowna it's too icy and there is not enough snow for the Trellies...... :)

Too icy in kelowna? Most of the ice/snow is melted around kelowna, tho up in the mountains i can still see snow. I was thinking of booting it up to the top of blackknight mountain for fun (right by black mountain) Ive got my bike stored for the winter, but I think i wanna put some insurance on it soon. Its been above 0 for the last few days..was 6-7 and sunny a couple days ago! Really getting the itch to ride. Might see me thumpin around with my DRZ around town :)

Not a whole lot better in South Okanogan Valley. 200 Miles from the border there's some riding. Not much snow in your area? BTW What do you ride? Beachco Omak,WA :):):p

Too icy in kelowna? Most of the ice/snow is melted around kelowna, tho up in the mountains i can still see snow. I was thinking of booting it up to the top of blackknight mountain for fun (right by black mountain) Ive got my bike stored for the winter, but I think i wanna put some insurance on it soon. Its been above 0 for the last few days..was 6-7 and sunny a couple days ago! Really getting the itch to ride. Might see me thumpin around with my DRZ around town :)

Hey, I live on the mountain, beside Black Mountain....IT SNOWED TODAY!!!!!

I cant even ride around the track on my property. Here its always a good 5-6 degrees cooler than downtown.

I can access the trails at Black Knight Mountain from here, there's a loop we have going, you probably hit the same place.

Doh, I'm just going by looking into town and at the mountains across the lake..no snow on the bottom of them.

I live in between black mountain and rutland kinda. (near big grey watertower if you've seen it)

No snow in my yard right now, but i saw a few flakes falling earlier.

I ride up the highway a few hundred meters and turn into a suburb, then turn to ride up onto that big bald hill. There are some simple roadish trails behind there. There used to be miles of trail and road back there, still is, but now some guy has a gate there and calls the cops if he seeks bikers on his property. (cant blame him, he was doing construction and some dirtbikers blasted thru there and ruined a lot of work, cost the guy thousands) There has gotta be another way in there, I've just got to find it. Havent made the effort yet. Was thinking might be fun to do. Brr cold tho, i dont have much in the way of winter clothes.

Know anywhere in town that sells grip heaters? :)

Sounds close but not the same place. We access the trails through Crown Land off Goudie Road (not the James Lake area). You have to pass thru some cattle, the rancher, allows us to do this as long as its the usual locals and you close the gates behind you. Last year some jerks went up there and left the gates open......we almost lost our privileges because of some idiots.

Was that Bell Mountain where those "dirt bikers" destroyed a bunch of property/work? There is a new subdivision and golf course being built there. I did not think you were allowed to ride there...I get so choked when people do stuff like that, it ruins it for the rest of us.

MXJEWEL

Yes I am the same one registered at Team Grizzley. I have DRZ 400s for the dirt and a Polaris SKS 500 for the snow. Seems neither are good in my close area right now.

I wish the weather would make a good turn either way.

MXJEWEL

Yes I am the same one registered at Team Grizzley. I have DRZ 400s for the dirt and a Polaris SKS 500 for the snow. Seems neither are good in my close area right now.

I wish the weather would make a good turn either way.

Wonder if i saw you around town. Ive only ever seen one other DRZ here in kelowna. (on the street).

I found out after buying it that its rediculously easy to get a street title/plate for the E, but ah well.

I live on the coast. Last summer i trailered the DRZ to Kelowna as my bro lives in Gallagher Canyon.The only DrZ I saw was one being trailered up the connecter towards Merrit. We trailered our bike into Brown Lake as it was pouring rain. The next day we rode to Beaverdell on backroads and rode the KVR back to Kelowna. After that it was off to Duffy Lake/Greenstone mountain for a few rides with a group that I was to meet up with there. Was meaning to head to Kelowna over the winter to do some sledding but the lack of snow when I have time has kept me back. I wiil be headed up there in the spring when I get a weekend to do so.

Beachco/Mike, any snow at the 3300 foot level? I'm waiting for better weather to get over to my property and put up a gate on the road. Hey, wife is ready to move there now! I told her to settle down, I have a good 15 years left here. :p:D And being only about 2 miles from a sno park, I may have to invest in some sleds too! Mike, we'll hook up this summer. Maybe when I head out to the property, I'll drag my WR over and we'll zip around. I asked some riding buddies about a ride in your area. Care to be our guide :):)

Well, could not wait, gave up and put the Trelleborgs back on, one bike, one hairdryer and 3 hours later :) Good to go now.... :)

Sweet, I just fired the bike up and took her for a spin.

Damn muddy out there! Very little snow but there were a few icy patches. Few getoffs :)

This is where I was..

IMG_0013.jpg

I was up over and around the balder mountain you see on the left. Was thinking of kicking it to the top of black knight (the taller mntn on the right) but decided I'd save it for later.

Thank god i rode again tho, was dying to get on the bike. Spraying all the mud off when i got home was NOT fun on the other hand :)

Ah well, tons of fun all around. You'll have to show me the path up blackknight sometime.

Thank god i rode again tho, was dying to get on the bike.

I've had the itch all winter. I got out today, for the first time this year. Me and a buddy went out for a quick two hour ride and rode all over the east side of Dilworth Mtn., lots of mud, the bikes were caked. Apparently I was roostin' 20-30 ft high with my new tire.
Spraying all the mud off when i got home was NOT fun on the other hand.
Cleaning the bikes after was definitely a chore.

Cheers, :)

Beachco/Mike, any snow at the 3300 foot level? I'm waiting for better weather to get over to my property and put up a gate on the road. Hey, wife is ready to move there now! I told her to settle down, I have a good 15 years left here. :):p And being only about 2 miles from a sno park, I may have to invest in some sleds too! Mike, we'll hook up this summer. Maybe when I head out to the property, I'll drag my WR over and we'll zip around. I asked some riding buddies about a ride in your area. Care to be our guide :):D

Yo Rick: I tried to ride last weekend, got to about 2,000ft level and ran into snow and ice.Depending on the property facing direction you could have bare ground or snow. If y'all twist my arm I might be persuaded to be a tour guide.I'd perfer a very small group. OK I give in, uncle, I'll do it.My brother lives in Monroe, works in Kent and whines every time I talk to him about the drive, the people etc. I like the sound of "The State of Eastern Washington" with 100% Constitutional Government. We could start it out with "When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another.................................................... I'm dreaming again. Beachco:thumbsup: