Sign in to follow this  

crf250x vs. wr250f

I know some of the problems of both and I cant make up my mind. I like the yamaha because its build like a tank but its a little big and i like the crf250x because i like the way it looks, how it supposedly handles better and i like the handlebar set up more than the yamaha. i also like how the throttle pull on the Honda. The Honda is perfect size for me. Which one. And they both have plastic guards.

alright honda just came out with a new crf250x its a great bike rode it it has a lil more power then a yamaha 250f and is about 8 pounds light..personaly i have a yz250f and its a great bike has alot of hop ups and is great umm yamaha has more torque and i forget about honda you just gona have tyo decide

i have also heard the yamaha pings at high rpms. why is that and what can you do to stop it. which has better shocks and which has more power. i heard the throttle pull is so short because it has some kind of stopper can you take it off.

Yamaha's definately the way to go, with 5 valves theyre gunna be more Mid/top endy but theyre also a hell of a lot eaiser maintenaince wise(this is what my mates yelling at me through the garage door anyway:D )

Let's look at this scientifically:

-The Honda has red plastic, that means it's fast.

-The Yamaha has five valves, that means it's heavier than the four valve Honda.

-The Yamaha is designated WR, meaning Widely Ridden, as opposed to the CRF, which stands for Consistent Roost-a-Flowin'.

Science never lies!

Yamaha

easier maintenance

blue

lot of free mod possibilities

the handlebar is a personal question

Honda

maintenance is less easier

red

may be less free mods

advantage to top end mid and bottom end power

In a simple version :

Bottom end - More low speed control for tight stuff. From idle to less than half throttle.

Mid - More useful power where you use it most of the time. From less than half throttle to 3/4 .

Top end - Only when you want to go crazy, or when you wish to go wide open when you can. From 3/4 to full throttle.

Both bikes are awesome. It all depends of your riding skills. You have to also consider the price of acquisition $$$

i have also heard the yamaha pings at high rpms.

where do you guys find this stuff?

:):):p

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f w/ 4000 trail miles.

'01 yz250f (my brother's)

one more vote for the yammie... :) valves are a big issue with these high performing 4-strokes and yamaha has their $#!t together... in my opinion you can't beat the wr line up 250 and 450 for the fine art of balancing reliabiltiy and performance .. :)