Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X or WR250F

Hey all

I have another decision to make.

Which bike to get, i know it should be my choice, but its so hard.

So which one, the Yam or Honda. They both have their plus sides.

Altough most reviews make the honda out to be better, do you agree?

Please tell me what you think. If you have ither bike, please tell me what you like about it so much.

Also if you happen to be selling ither one of these bikes, please PM me.

Thanks

Jimdarkice

I don't know if size is an issue to you but it was/is for me.

Take this with a grain of salt since I just got the WR250 yesterday. I'm 5'4" and can barely touch the ground with my toes on the WR250. I'm sure the suspension will settle and I'll be able touch better. The seat on the CRF250X is wider- just enough to keep me from feeling as comfortable on it as I do on the WR250.

I just bought the 05' wr250f and it is awesome. It's great rite out of the box and even better after you do a few small free mods. Let's just say I did them and this thing is now a rocket with nobbies. Over all I did alot of research on the subject before I bought mine and found the yamaha to be a better bike for alot of cool reasons, not to mention the better engine life you get with the blue bike, less hassles, electric start is awesome. The bike is great for the track or the trail go blue, you won't regret it.

this thread is helping me out alot too. i think i'm going with the blue bikes, becuase the crf is/seems to be alot higher and apperently has some valve issues. those issues are solved with ss valves so the crf is still an good option for anybody that wants a honda. personally, i think the yzf 250 would be better but i was wondering if its true that the wr reqiures less maintence, and how long can it be held at the same speed for.

:)

it can stay up there for a while, enough to scare me anyway. And I have one word for you about matience.....o-ring chain, the wr's got one the y/z doesn't, alot less matience, and since yz's are used for what they are bought for, usually racing that is, they will probably need more work. Remember they are only machines and with any machine weather it be a muscle car or a bike they will only last however long you want them to, if your careless or beat the sh*t out of them every chance you get you better get used to a good tool kit.

Also does anyone know any good US brokers who will ship to me in the UK, other Than motor-cycle brokers?

Keep posting about the two bikes, its helping me decide, im only 16 and live in the UK, just want to know which one will suit me the best.

Altough most reviews make the honda out to be better, do you agree?

Most reviews are written to sell bikes and please advertisers, not tell the truth. Motorcross Action usually comes closest to telling it straight.

Maintainance is essentially equal for both but with the Yamaha the odds are in YOUR favor. Wrooster has 4000 miles on his WR, someone else had 6-7000 miles on theirs. You almost certainly won't see this with a CRF250. The YZ/WR is proven, the CRF is still in the proving process. Last years CRF cylinder skirts were bogus, they were fixed for 2005. What's that do for the 2004 owners? Transfer that to whatever problems exist in the 2005 design.

One vote for BLUE!

I had 4500 miles on my 2001 WR 250F; stone reliable, I just bought a 2005 WR 250. The magazines usually ride them for a month. Long term reliability and maintenance are not a factor in there tests. It is to me. If I thought the Honda was as reliable as the Yamaha I could be happy with one. :)