Sign in to follow this  

My first KTM !!

I just traded my old 89 kawasaki kx500 for a 1994 KTM 250 exc, Wow what a great bike, I have not riden it much yet, just took it out the other day, for some trail riding and all around playing, and I am so far very impressed with this little 250, starts 2nd kick cold, does pretty good at slow speeds and really has good power when you want it, everyone says it is a heavy bike, but I am not a small guy and so far I have not noticed it being too heavy(of course I dont race either). I have looked the bike over pretty good and did all the new bike checking out and services, and I am very impressed with how well made it seems to be, for how old it is. I also ride a Honda xr250 and that bike feels like a slug compared to this one(I know they really are apples and oranges), but my point is I really enjoy the KTM for the huge range of power it seems to offer. Any one have any advice or words of wisdom for a new KTM rider? It already has alot of the aftermarket mods, pipe,jetting,bars,ect...but anything you guys wanna tell would be great as I want to know what I need to know to keep the bike in good order. Any have any opinons on the 250 exc, just curious as I already own it..lol. Thanks guys