Sign in to follow this  

DUNLAP 739 good at all??!@#$%^&*

i was wondering if i should get the DUNLAP 739 for rear tire for my crf 230. so you think that well be fine for me. i live in vermont. and ride on everything exspect sometimes pavement.??

I think it's a good tire for harder terrain. Allot of people bag on that tire, but I have a theory about that. The tire comes stock on allot of bikes, and people wash out the front tire on new bikes because they aren't used to them and because the suspension hasn't settled in yet. They blame it on the tire, and about the time they get a new tire, the bike is broken in and they are much more comfortable on it.

Probably more info than you wanted, sorry it's Saturday night and I've been drinking. :)

i was wondering if i should get the DUNLAP 739 for rear tire for my crf 230. so you think that well be fine for me. i live in vermont. and ride on everything exspect sometimes pavement.??

OK. I'll blame it on the tire. I don't like 739's. There's a reason they're original equipment, and it's not because they are a superior tire. They're not terrible, but if you have a choice.............

D756 is much better for California, both in desert and mountain riding. Personally, I prefer Maxxis IT both ends. Grip like 756, but cheaper and last twice as long.

I'm currently running a 756 and want more traction for high desert riding. I've been thinking of the Maxxis IT and the Kenda Southwick, so does anyone have an opinion on these two or could they compare them? I agree, the regular 739 is just above the line of junk, but I've heard of some TTer's buying the 739 A/T Desert tire more than twice. But that is a $60+ tire. By the way, don't believe how everyone praises the 756. Don't get me wrong, it's a good tire, but it lasts half as long as the others. Maybe they just don't notice it because they are all so light on the throttle.

I think a 739 is ok for the rear but I will never put one up front. That rim is reserved for a 756.

I'm currently running a 756 and want more traction for high desert riding. I've been thinking of the Maxxis IT and the Kenda Southwick, so does anyone have an opinion on these two or could they compare them? I agree, the regular 739 is just above the line of junk, but I've heard of some TTer's buying the 739 A/T Desert tire more than twice. But that is a $60+ tire. By the way, don't believe how everyone praises the 756. Don't get me wrong, it's a good tire, but it lasts half as long as the others. Maybe they just don't notice it because they are all so light on the throttle.

The 756 does not last but I have never run a tire I like better. I'll just buy a few more a year and like it!

I've been wanting to try Maxxis tires but don't know anyone who has to give me a report onthem. I know their 4 wheeler tires are great and was wandering if the m/c tires are the same? Thanx

Dunlop 739's are terrible for anything but hard hard pack. Any moisture and you get zero traction. We have some red clay here and Michelin s-12's work great here. Nigga Jigga--what type of soil do you have in VT?

ive had the stock 739 on the front of my yammi for 3 years... :) never wore out and have had no problems... ohh wait thats cuz the sand doesnt wear out tires very fast...

ive had the stock 739 on the front of my yammi for 3 years... :) never wore out and have had no problems... ohh wait thats cuz the sand doesnt wear out tires very fast...

When all you are used to is the 739, it's a fine tire. But if you haven't worn one out in 3 years, regardless of terrain, you're probably not pushing the bike hard enough to need a performance tire. Or, you're not riding enough to make a difference. Either way, it works for you.

For Calif desert and mountain riding, the 739 is horrible. 756 or 752 are much better for sand or clay, just as good in hard pack. Maxxis IT is just as good, but lasts far longer and grips even with a lot of wear. I ride a fair amount of rocks, and nothing avoids chunking side knobs, even the Maxxis. But at least I'll have good grip until they are extremely worn.

sand doesnt do much to a tire adn thats all i ride..

Are you half retarded? It's spelled DUNLOP.

It's printed right on the side of the tire.

He may or may not be half retarded but you've proved to be an elohssa :p

Straighten out yer panties fer cris' sake :):)

sand doesnt do much to a tire adn thats all i ride..

If that's all you ride, you won't believe the difference in traction if you change to the 756 or 773