Sign in to follow this  

RMZ450 dyno...maybe

This dyno is posted in the RMZ forum...if accurate it is a torque MONSTER...seems to me that the curves are not set on the correct rpms on the graph. To compare, I added the stock CRF curve from burned's runs on his '05(my curve's a little rough, I know)...if the RMZ curve is correct you can see the huge difference, but slide the RMZ curve over 1000-1200 rpm and it'd seem more reasonable. What do you think?

RMZ450_baseline.jpg

With the stock '05 CRF450 curve added.

RMZCRF.jpg

i dont think you can compare them that way.

im not sure what dyno that graph is from.it almost looks "generated".

im offering free dyno runs for any one with a rmz450.no takers yet.

The guy i just bought my rm250 from told me he rode one last week.

He said it handles like an rm125 in the berms, and has the toruqe of a crf450 with a 52 rear sprocket.

He said he loved the topend and it was a bit more mellow than the CRF but was more tractable.

He told me the rear shock could use a revalve but other than that an the petcock, its a very sound bike. Its also quiet which is a step in the right derection, due to the EPA beign a bunch of...well....pu***s

I would take a RM-z over crf right now...but hey i'm a suzuki guy anyway. :)

I have rode the 05' CRF450 and its great but i would prefer my RM250.

Also fore some reason i don't think those dynos are %100 correct we all know the RM-z is going to put out more than 46 hp....my guess is arround 49-50hp range.

i just found a dyno that is from a good source of mine...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/GRizzly600/dyno.jpg

it's not exact, but it makes the point. I'd like to see one on your or our dyno...I also want to ride one.

I know a guy that talks to Torelli and he said that Tortelli had them detune his bike right out of the gate. The Factory bike they offered up at first was a horsepower beast.

That being said...how ugly is the outdoors going to be this year when RC slings a leg over that thing...

oh the horror :)

That being said...how ugly is the outdoors going to be this year when RC slings a leg over that thing...

Is that what he'll be on?

I know a guy that talks to Torelli and he said that Tortelli had them detune his bike right out of the gate. The Factory bike they offered up at first was a horsepower beast.

Like they did to the Yamaha. :)