Sign in to follow this  

drz, what a trail bike!!

I know everyone uses their drz for different purposes, some with lots of mods some not, mine is mostly trail/desert so far (this year I will try to get up in the woods some), some mods. Have had two great rides with my kids lately, today and last weekend, first for me since pretty hard date with the ground, first time I have had rib injuries (they suck). Anyway, lots of turning back for stuck kids, turned over bikes, kick starting, you name it, the best fun I have had in a while. The drz never complained, grunted up some narly hills, lots of off trail turn arounds (read rocks and sage), stop shorts to keep from running over kids, dead end wash trail blazing, steep down hill to much rear brake kill motor start button action , idling while I rode two small bikes out of a jam, you get the picture. What a bike!

I spent the day leading the PANTRA club from North Idaho around the Saddle Mtn desert in Central Washington. This is a great group to ride with. My day was cut short with a hole in my clutch case and cover. :)

I had the only DRZ and it kept up with the other bikes just fine. Sure I broke the goofy thing, but I dont baby it either. :)

TONY

hayshaker where you from in Wash. I re-located to NC from Kent WA

I have to agree,

Picked up a 2003 Drz400e last spring and adjusted it to be highway legal ,which wasn't a problem here. Got a dr110 as well for the boys. stared out as a kid on a Honda 90 trail bike in the woods on old logging roads. As times changed I ended on on 4 wheels but the fun was lost for utility. The Drz seemed a bit intimidating at first mainly from the seat height standpoint . Only took a couple rides and I had it in the woods . It's a nice bike . I'll probably gear it down or go with the Rekluse clutch (preferably) at soime point.

tony v, my mods are few, protect the bike mostly, skid plt, case savers, rad guards, mcct, 3x3 good filter and dj kit, bars, hand grds, removed a few things, re-geared, pro moto rack and bag for "tools and stuff", gripper seat, pegs, tires, and ride. Formula for fun