Sign in to follow this  

Drz400sm -(when??????)

Anyone know when they will be at our nearest Suzuki dealer???? Or are the already hear for some of us?? Anyone else waiting to buy one??????

it was one of the main focus bike at the suzuki seminar today.

the specs say the rear wheel is a 4.5" wide btw.also says 310mm rotor.15/41 gearing,and a altered ignition map for the gearing? :)

the specs say the rear wheel is a 4.5" wide btw.also says 310mm rotor.15/41 gearing,and a altered ignition map for the gearing?
Thats odd the website says 300mm on the rotor and Denroll was saying 4.25 on the rim. Much mystery remains.... :)

I am still curious if it uses an RM rear hub or a DRZ hub with that RM type swingarm? They may have literally just welded the chain guard tabs to an existing RM swingarm design? :) Eddie I take it you will do an independant study on the first articles? :p

Burned,

Did you mean to say 3.5" or 4.5?

They seem to be running a 140 rear, which seems small for a 4.5.

Just wondering, not looking for a fight. If it is true, then the bike is coming better equiped than originally believed, which is a good thing.

MW

So what's the story on this bike? I've never heard of it. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new DRZ400, should I wait?

If you're planning on turning your new DRZ into a supermoto, then wait and save yourself a few bucks.

Hey burned the main thing i'm really concerned about in buying a 400SM would be converting to dirt if you wanted to. Wouldnt the location of the caliper, etc around the really big front rotor not let you put a smaller rotor on when you switched?

Wouldnt the location of the caliper, etc around the really big front rotor not let you put a smaller rotor on when you switched?
I think you hit the nail on the head there.... I have mentioned that a few times. Seems the axle lugs on the end of the forks are specific to the SM. So you would be stuck with the 310mm rotor. Unless you got another set of RM forks or had some machine work done to somehow retrofit it.

Yeah maybe I could find out exactly what would be needed and have 1000 of them machined..make some brisk business :)

hopefully 2nd week of march.

Guess not. Maybe the 4th week of March. April?

Yeah maybe I could find out exactly what would be needed and have 1000 of them machined..make some brisk business :D

Uh, as Dr. Evil said...

"How About NO!"

That huge front brake will be just fine Off-Road, Thank You very much! Especially down the road towards Cabo...Oooohhh Ahhhhh!

Oh, and for those of u who get P.O.d Everytime you see a Kawi 400 that looks SOoooooMUch better than your Zoook...(Well, except for those Sweeet Blue Zooks :) )

I've got my Flo-Green and Black Bodywork Just-a-waitin' out in the shop! :p

Another Dr. Evil quote...with flipped back hand exposing the pinky to th' lips...

"HooooHoooo HaaaaHaaaa!"

"Riiiiight!"

BTW, Galfer's already working on the Oh-So Necessary HUGE Wave Rotors! :)

"HooooHoooo HaaaaHaaaa!"

Well....

It's looking like the last week in March for me. I've got a deposit down on a black one. After having three mongrel mix'n'match bikes I'm greatly looking forward to something that you can buy parts for without consulting build notes :-)

Can't wait...

I am looking into a DRZ400s and our small dealer has a SM. Yellow of course. Really nice looking. I still am going to get the S but maybe one day I will turn it into a SM.

Rob

I was wrong, It was a E that was used and modifyed to be an SM. I could tell since it have regular froks. It had a really nice front fender, shorter and had edgey shape.

Anyone know where to get aftermarket fenders for the DRZ?

Rob