Sign in to follow this  

#89 down...

I was at burnthill today, (local practice track). I was getting a few laps in and stuff because I've been having trouble with armpump, and I was about 14 laps in, when I cased a huge double. I broke my tibula, and tore the ligaments and tissue in my leg... :)

I was at burnthill today, (local practice track). I was getting a few laps in and stuff because I've been having trouble with armpump, and I was about 14 laps in, when I cased a huge double. I broke my tibula, and tore the ligaments and tissue in my leg... :)

I broke my fibula. Others have broken their tibia. This is the first fracture of a tibula I've heard of. :p

LOL Seriously, I hope you heal quickly and are back out there soon. :)

Hey guys, Guess what? He still is going to pay me a 100.00 a week! (I got a work out room in my house.) So that's what we are working on more right now while I can't ride.

Yea, I know it does suck doing it right before mx season, but I'll be up before no time. And dont forget to watch me at loretta's! haha

Better yet, I recieved 3 calls and emails today! 3 sponsors today!!

Yes, and all 3 sponsors were hospitals because they knew your lame ass would be in there so often you would become famous for your crashes and therefore generate publicity for them!!!!!

You were much more interesting when you were bragging and boasting of all the jumps you cleared, IE., 130ft triple.

On the bright side, you will have more time to dream up BS to post on this site.

LOL and stop landing on your head!!

I was kind of worried that might happen -- that you'd go out shooting jump pics for the MX forum thread and get hurt...:) That's the problem with me when I take a camera along riding. I'm definitely more prone to do something wrong when showing off for the camera.

On the plus side, at least now you can change your avatar to a Therapture-style injury pic. You can take a pic of you in the cast sitting on #89. Hope you heal quickly, and are riding again soon.

You sure you didnt crash on the BIG 130 monster triple? :p

So, you gonna post those pics soon tough guy? :)

Seriously though, IF you are realy hurt, I wish you a speedy recovery... :D

EDIT: Well, just read that the original post was 2-14-05. Amazingly enough, four weeks later he is doing a 130' triple on his broken....what bone was that? The tibula :D

Hey guys, Guess what? He still is going to pay me a 100.00 a week! (I got a work out room in my house.)

I've been wondering how old you are, and I think this post indicates that you're pretty young. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hacking on you because you're young, but it just puts some perspective on things.

P.S. - Just for clarification, you should indicate your "parents' house" in the post above.

guys this is an old post, from febuary, he didn't just get hurt. But I'm curious how long does a tib take to heal

I think a better question would be, how long is it going to take his brain damamge to heal??

wakerider087-i did a tib fib ankle compound fracture oct31st-i can walk-stills hurts pretty good-ridden a little-but i cant really start racing -just the tib id say would be 4months-mine will be 6-weight bearing bones need longer to heal i guess

I shattered my tibia and fibula and they went out the side was on crutches for 10 months and 4 surguries later and 75k bill to prove it.

Wakerider, this post was revived due to the fact that MX89 has been bragging about clearing a 130 foot triple just a week or two ago. Then someone pointed out this thread, and the fact that he claimed to have broken his "tibula" in mid-February. There seems to be some inconsistencies...how can you break your "tibula" and be jumping 130 feet a month later?!?!? Does not compute.

I was kind of worried that might happen -- that you'd go out shooting jump pics for the MX forum thread and get hurt...:) That's the problem with me when I take a camera along riding. I'm definitely more prone to do something wrong when showing off for the camera.

On the plus side, at least now you can change your avatar to a Therapture-style injury pic. You can take a pic of you in the cast sitting on #89. Hope you heal quickly, and are riding again soon.

I have been following that thread, but Berkeman seemed to think it just happened.

I'd really have the say this guy is saying complete B/S...130ft tripple? im sure youve been home by now to get pictures. Woah, i just read wakeridero87's post..if this is a while ago.. ( 1 month) how could he possibly ride his 130ft tripple since his tib is broken?

I read up to the point when you said the kid would pay 100.00 a week...

When I first looked at the post i thought "hmm maybe he was trying that 130ft