Sign in to follow this  

Run With The Wolf - Georgetown Today (2/12)

Well I'm really surprised not to see this ride posted already! :)

The MorningRider took his new Wolf bike to GT this morning (Sweet Bike :) ) , and I swear, I thought his new helmet was gonna bust from the Perma-Grin he had going all morning. We were joined by PeakRider, Dominic_WTF, and Chris_P. Conditions were a little wet from last nights light rain, but we rode what was open and had a blast doing it. The riding was good, but Bob was the real entertainment. We kind of got the impression that he likes that new Husky a little bit. I'll let him chime in with the details, and I'll post a couple of pictures in the morning. :p

TT has been down and then I logged out and then I could not post...... SEE my "Wolf owns the Woods" post in the husky forum for the ride report.

here's a pic from the staging area

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B499523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232377486%3B%3B62ot1lsi.

all I can say now is the WOLF OWNS THE WOODS! and that old tug boat, dog sled, donkey chasing dual sport with blinkers is FOR SALE. :)

Yeah guys, thanks for the great ride. :) A great time was had by all. Bob, that sure is a cool scoot, a "world champion" for sure. Domenic, thanks for your help on those few rock climbs when my bike decided to toss me and chase after "The Wolf" on its own. :) I got home and started cleaning the bike, one thing lead to another and I just knocked off for the evening with the sub-frame off the bike and the carb in pieces on my work bench. Got a little further into it than I expected, but it's so much fun I just couldn't stop. PeakRider, OldeDude, thanks again it was a blast.

...... SEE my "Wolf owns the Woods" post in the husky forum for the ride report........

Okay, I see how it is. Too good for us Southwest guys now huh, gotta post in that elitist Euro-Bike forum. :p:):):D

I did take a few pictures today, I'll post them here in the morning. :D

Are there any more pics?The new bike sure looks sweet. :D:p:D

It is a sweet bike :) to bad that blue and yellow things in the way.. :)

Yesterday’s ride went like this; Suit up, warm up, take off, stop at first intersection (1.34 miles) listen to Bob rant about the Wolf, take off, stop at next intersection (2.43 miles) listen to Bob rant about the Cheetah, take off, stop at intersection (3.27 miles) Bob proclaims "the DRZ is now FOR SALE". Actually, he probably decided before we hit mile one.

late start today huh Pat? I'm in my ride gear and the bike is loaded - so I will be there by 10. ready to ride by 1030....if you're in the mace mills neighborhood as I know you will be with only 25 miles open trails.....see ya then.

i'll save you the Return of the Wolf stuff......lord knows it wears out the deer hunter seeing that stuff. :):)

Oldesleepydude wake up! where's them photos?

late start today huh Pat? I'm in my ride gear and the bike is loaded - so I will be there by 10. ready to ride by 1030....if you're in the mace mills neighborhood as I know you will be with only 25 miles open trails.....see ya then.

i'll save you the Return of the Wolf stuff......lord knows it wears out the deer hunter seeing that stuff. :p:)

Oldesleepydude wake up! where's them photos?

Dam Bob, I ws almost ready to skip Mammoth and come up there to ride with you....but not for 25 miles of open trail system :) The rest is still snowed in?

Zac

Dam Bob, I ws almost ready to skip Mammoth and come up there to ride with you....but not for 25 miles of open trail system :) The rest is still snowed in?

Zac

zac come on over -- the 25 miles at GT is way better then that pit hillclimb MB and you can douible back for a 40 mile day. come on Zak you aint skeeered of the Wolf are you? :)

see you all ther at 10............

Nice pictures ;) Yes Bob has a very nice bike :D I wouldn't mind owning one if it wasn't for that loud rod knock, and I'm not talking about the bike :D:o Great riding with all of you.. :)

Bob..I even found myself defending huskys to my KTM neighbor :) maybe some day I'll own one :p I would have to move out of the country first... :D

:p:D:D:o;):D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cry:

Hey,

I've been there before! I know that place! :)

Everybody getting these light woods bikes with power to spare!! It ain't fair!

Show me somebody with a top heavy tank, wrestling that underpowered beast through the woods........and I'll show you a supreme example of human potential! :lol:

I stopped by MotoX and they actually had my size! I picked up a pair of "waterproof" pants........size 42 waist! Hehehehe! But hey, I'm not fat! :D

You guys have me actually thinking about a 525 instead of the 450!? Maybe. Looking in the paper I've found 1 year old bikes that are $2000 off brand new! I gotta keep saving my pennies!

I can't wait for Clear Creek on Feb. 26 & 27. I just hope I can keep up with you young studs! :)

Funny :p

I was just out tearing the forks off the chopper :) tore a seal saver at GT :D thinking that the next bike will be a 525MXC or EXC :D There's no way it could be smaller or Italian :) Anyone want to buy a chopper with 50 miles on it.. :o

I freely admit I was wrong about the 05 WR450F. I rode peakrider's bike today. I guess I was too timid on it last fall, because that bike is very good..It is a very capable bike. Now I see why you all like blue. Cadilac suspension,,,,, good everything, it really moves well. I did miss my six gears. There is a long way between 2 and 3rd on the that WRF.

I take away all bad comments I ever said about WRF 450s..I was being defensive of my TE-510 choice anyway...... the 05 WR450F is the Second BEST bike in the world. thats a long way from potatoe chopper. :)

I hope Dick's racing can make my suspension feel closer to the WRF...it doesn't have to be the same..My suspension is good I love it. It feels like a cat on jumps. and I made it much better for the woods with my click adjustments...still ya feel alot on the trail and what do i know maybe thats good. It will break in .... the Sag allready changed I will look forward to having it dialed in for me.

oh yeah the WRF has a little less throttle response and animal power to it then the 510....... The WR450F is more like an old cow. perfect prey for the WOLF! :):p

oldedude those dark pictures SUCK. maybe the wolf is shy or maybe you bought a KTM camera? :)

oh well thanks for trying....no big deal I got lots of pics......I just like riding my new bike thats all.

I'd wait a little while on the suspension. It'll settle down some as you get the bike broken in, and it'll probably get better as you get faster on the bike. By that time you'll have a much better idea of what you need done to make it perfect for you, if anything. :)

oldedude those dark pictures SUCK. maybe the wolf is shy or maybe you bought a KTM camera? :D

No, actually it's one of those japanese cameras. Just like their bikes, you got to fiddle around with them to get them to work better. :)

I just point that camera and shoot pictures, and they come out, more or less. Kind of like riding a new stock jap bike without doing all the "Free Mods" and stuff, it'll get you around, more or less. :D:p:)

No, actually it's one of those japanese cameras. Just like their bikes, you got to fiddle around with them to get them to work better. :D

I just point that camera and shoot pictures, and they come out, more or less. Kind of like riding a new stock jap bike without doing all the "Free Mods" and stuff, it'll get you around, more or less. :D:p:)

You both deserve each other... :)