Cycra small plastic - Now that's Italian!

Form follows Function = Beauty = Husqvarna TE 510 in the field.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B499523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232377486%3C433ot1lsi

Oh yes the Small blue Cycra handguard plastic on the Cycra Pro bend bar is the way to go! ??? ( have to get T clamp mounts yet)

another pic from today's ride;

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B499523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232377486%3B%3B62ot1lsi

looks sweet

i ordered cycra hand guards for my '05 TE250 today. I like the small blue plastic guards instead of huge white ones it comes with. Looks like u had a good ride. I really want to ride but it snowed Tuesday and rained all day today. Way to muddy at for a new new bike. ? But I may take my wr250 out for one more spin before i sell it though. ?

Form follows Function = Beauty = Husqvarna TE 510 in the field.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B499523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232377486%3C433ot1lsi

Oh yes the Small blue Cycra handguard plastic on the Cycra Pro bend bar is the way to go! ??? ( have to get T clamp mounts yet)

another pic from today's ride;

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B499523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232377486%3B%3B62ot1lsi

Watch out for my roost with those little pasties you've got for handguards. In your photos I can see your knuckles just fine so get ready for x-rays.

the bike does throw up some roost.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B4%3C4723232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E293%3E%3A86%3EWSNRCG%3D3232865842%3A74nu0mrj

? knuckles? I usually let go of the bike when I crash, but then I can see anyone who lives in big sky country might want those elephant ears to scare away the big game from the trails as you ride through, not to mention the fantastic cold wind protection they offer to keep your fingers toasty warm? What would I know, I tend to rely on my MSR cold pros gloves or liners for warmth, but go ahead keep loving those big ol Donkey flaps if you want.

Progress is allways mocked by the unwashed. ?

Speaking of style... I was looking at the book Steve McQueen 40 Summers Ago... Steve(no style slouch in his Bates jacket) and Bud Ekins(looking cool in his Barbour coat) are on the start line of the 1963 Greenhorn Enduro and next to them is a rider with "Big Bob" emblazoned on the front of his helmet. Stylin' in the 60's. I ditto Flame, at least rotate yours up some or your going to bang something. I'm going to ride my ice bike on the lake with my full canvas MSR hand guard covers. It's 16F here right now and warmth beats style. The pics look awesome, I can see the style part.

Norman

looks sweet

i ordered cycra hand guards for my '05 TE250 today. I like the small blue plastic guards instead of huge white ones it comes with. Looks like u had a good ride. I really want to ride but it snowed Tuesday and rained all day today. Way to muddy at for a new new bike. ? But I may take my wr250 out for one more spin before i sell it though. ?

never take it out for one more ride...it will be the one that is costly! Our rm125 was on it's last ride, when the neighbor that rode it fell and broke the cluthc perch...then while in the cleaning process it broke the front brake lever and smashed the clutch case up...that's about a 200 dollar last ride right there!

well you guys were right. OUCH those small whips of manzanitia and long over growth small needle branches from pine trees hanging in the trail zone can really cause some PAIN as you fly by in 3rd gear. My small plastic "pasties" did me no good today. I rotated them up, mid day on the trail, but once burned twice shy. I think I'll save my small "Style" plastic for the desert. The big Cycra plastic goes on tonight. ??

:D? I told you guys I'm a newbie, only riding 18 months ( but every weekend)..so I'm still gonna make some dumb mistakes......But hey give me credit. I bought the right bike!. :D

I put the white large Cycra plastic on last night. The three screws go on just right and snug. I do like the engineering of the Cycra stuff. makes those Acerbis rally pros seem like junk.

The White ears look great too......every thing looks good on a brand new shiny bike. ? I don't know what I was thinking with the small plastic. I know better, just was bench racing it in my head too much I guess probably because I had so much trouble with the rally pro install on my DRZ last year.

I really do like the stock bars alot......I need to now find my bar riser solution....seems probably that KTM stuff may do it...back to the drawing board. someone said the 1.64" tall BRP mount does raise the bar. I swear I call BRP and they said no it dont. ?? ? but even then they don't have a 7/8' replacement set.only the fat bar mounts......... jeez.........I dont want a new bar........I have this mental block called stupid I guess , but at least the handguards and plastic is solved. next little mod is on deck. the bike certainly needs very little.

I allmost want two of them........a 450 and the 510 in my garage.

Bob,

I'm tellin' ya....listen to me here.

Here's the setup you'd need from BRP:

- Tall (1.64" clamps, they may not have Husky specific but just get ones for the XR650R)

- 12 mm bolts (BRP will sell you, you do need to 'drive out' your stock metal sleeve in your rubber mounts. You will not need them with the new 12 mm bolts vs. stock Husky 10 mm. Understand?)

- Get you some Pro Taper Hawkins woods HIGH. They are already cut down (narrower) and have just about the same specs as CR highs. Plus your Cycras will fit right in the ends! They are taller bars then the stockers and this is good for you since you're 5' 17"!

For taller riders this is a sweet setup. It's not a 'rigged' system and is totally solid!

thank you for being patient with me........ I read your note carefully. I really don't want new bars, but give me more time. I may succoumb to your persuasion.

Thanks again. I'm really not that dumb but this bar rasing thing has me like a teenage emotional girl whacko I know.

it will all come together. I'm going to be patient......