Sign in to follow this  

Oops....decent day of riding....

Local track was a bit soft, the power robbing, engine bogging DEEP kind of dirt that sucks every last ounce of power from the motor....

The CRF250 held up pretty well....the biggest double on the track was difficult, the 250F was a bit shy in power to pull third....the dirt was DEEP like I said...

Anyway, it ran great, I rode hard, and was on my last session for the day, pulling a long moto practice....about the 8th lap I missed a shift from second to third on the face of a table right out of a corner...tapped the front wheel and was able to ride it out....

About 4 laps later I tried the same shift, right on the apex of the takeoff ramp...only this time I missed the shift completely and since it was a seat hopper takeoff...it went nose low immediately...I hung on for dear life, as long as I could, until the point of no return was reached and I hit the eject button.:p

I landed hard on my left side, leg first, knee drove into the ground, then I tumbled, face planted, and rolled kinda hard. Caught something on the bike I think on the way...

No broken bones, but I have some rather large and painful strawberries on my elbow, knee, and ribs. Split my knee guards vertically, broke my visor off and scratched up my new helmet pretty bad, and my chest protector is pretty dinged up too. All the protective equipment did it's job!!! :)

My left femur held up great!!! A bit sore, but I guess the bone is healed and the rods don't seem to be an issue. I am gonna be a sore mofo come tomorrow, but hey, &%$#@! I am walking haha.

Bike suffered a bit of damage, bent subframe, twisted forks, bent handlebar mount bolt, and alot of scratched up plastic...but I guess she is christened pretty good now! I wil be riding again next weekend for sure. Just goes to show you all can be perfect for a few laps...one miscue can put you down hard. I guess I need to move my shift lever back down a notch, since I seem to be missing my second to third shifts after moving it up one spline.

On a side note, I felt GREAT, running long motos, the cardio is coming back. This was my 5th ride back since my injury and all of my speed is there! The 250F was flawless in the corners. The subtank forks soaked up everything, the new 756 front tire had more traction than I have corner skill, and the oversize front brake is phenomenal in regards to feel and modulation. I am truly loving the 250F. :):D

About 4 laps later I tried the same shift, right on the apex of the takeoff ramp...only this time I missed the shift completely and since it was a seat hopper takeoff...it went nose low immediately

Glad to hear you're OK. Almost been there done that. Sucks bad. Won't shift on the face of a jump again!

My left femur held up great!!! A bit sore, but I guess the bone is healed and the rods don't seem to be an issue.

I suspect it could have been a lot worse. Check out this post by kelstr. Ouch!

Glad it's just bumps and bruises and you're ok. And you are right, that platter size EBC is sweet. It's not grabby, or sudden, or anything negative, it just stops with so little lever effort. It really cuts down on arm pump when you are running it in hard, and one finger is always enough. My 450 now stops like that 250 did. What a great mod, I should have listened to you earlier and got one last year.

Sounds pretty nuts. I'm glad you have the OEM femur, as the aftermarket femurs really suck!

A little strawberry on the ribs, elbows and knees? C'mon, what are you, 18? Those thing do NOTHING! 'Tis a mere fleshwound! Get back on and keep riding!

When you get older, you'll realize you want to have a nice old age - no limping, no pain. Don't be an old man before your time. Ride at 90%!!!

Broke both my legs due to a malfunction on the face of a triple 4 years ago...Still have the rod in my rh lower leg.

Man, considering you had an issue on that same jump earlier, you have balls...

I hit a false nuetral two weeks ago on a relatively small double jump right out of a corner (seat bounce) where I accidentally hit the shift lever when putting my foot back up on the peg on the face of the jump...scared the shet out of me, and i seat bounced that jump the rest of the day with my foot still off the peg. (Talk about seeing your life flash before your eyes...all i could think was "not again")

Got lucky and saved it..

MW

Sounds pretty nuts. I'm glad you have the OEM femur, as the aftermarket femurs really suck!

It's the OEM with add-ons...I have a 14" titanium nail and another shorter threaded nail into the ball...about a half pound of it. :)