Sign in to follow this  

XT-550 problems.

Hey, I know this isn't exactly where i need to be, but the tt-600 has the same engine as the xt's did.

Ive owned mine for a year, 83 Xt-550. It runs strong, no problems, until 15 minutes into the ride. It will suddenly loose all power about 3000 rpm. It has plenty of power up till that point, but wont rev any higher even without load. I'm completely lost as to what the problem could be.

Also, i tried to look up after market engine accessories for the TT-r600, but found nothing. Anyone know who carries them?

Thanks

Rick

i had that same problem with mine its the exact same bike what my problem was it sat in storage over the winter without being started and it got gasoline junk in the carb but when you do take it out and clean clean every little thing on the carb.

if it ran ok at some point then its not your jetting. Do what fergo said give it a good carb cleaning and tell us the outcome!

Also, i tried to look up after market engine accessories for the TT-r600, but found nothing. Anyone know who carries them?

Thanks

Rick

your best shot for finding accessories for the big thumper is probably off the road in germany http://www.offtheroad.de/ its a german language only site, but they have a plethora of tuning parts for carbs and engine.. even big bore kits. go to their main page>enduro>motortuning.

you have done the low cost upgrades right ? main jet, snorklectomy, disconnecting the mystery cable from the CDI

I know I'm kinda gonna revive this thread, but what is the mystery CDI cable?

what's the snorklectomy as well? I got my bike it was somewhat rough and may have already been done, anybody got photos?

I suppose snorkelectomy = snorkel + dremel/utility knife/some swearwords...