Sign in to follow this  

what do you use?

the stock NGK DPR8Z? after putting a iridium plug in my YZ i was blown away at the difference. i'd like to get a iridium plug for the XR4oo, but NGK doesn't make one. do you guys have a recomendation for a spark plug that will add at least 5 more hp? :)

Yes, I too would like to know what spark plug can give a 17% power increase! :)

I'll be here waiting.

I'm still waiting!

I don't think you can beat the stock plug. Platinum or iridium may last longer but I don't think either will give HP gains. I've heard some bad things about split fire so I'd avoid them.

www.sparkplugs.com has good info on applications for your specific machine and what is available.

Can't beat stock in my opinion.

The 400 plug is cheap too about $3 my 250 plug was about $9

Mark

I don't think you can beat the stock plug. Platinum or iridium may last longer but I don't think either will give HP gains. I've heard some bad things about split fire so I'd avoid them.

www.sparkplugs.com has good info on applications for your specific machine and what is available.

Can't beat stock in my opinion.

The 400 plug is cheap too about $3 my 250 plug was about $9

Mark

Yeah I just bought a new plug for my bike and it was like 9$ what's up with that?

:)

http://clubplug.net/

Irridium Plug Part Number: IX24

Price: $11.98

Been using it in my 400 for ~6 months now, no problems. Not sure about horsepower gains, that's a hard thing to quantify. If so, it's minor at best. The bike does seem to fire up slightly easier with it though.

http://clubplug.net/

Irridium Plug Part Number: IX24

Price: $11.98

Been using it in my 400 for ~6 months now, no problems. Not sure about horsepower gains, that's a hard thing to quantify. If so, it's minor at best. The bike does seem to fire up slightly easier with it though.

thanks mike! :)

i was hoping everyone else would detect the increase hp sarcasm...i guess i'll have to include some sort of [/sarcasm] tag or a smiley next time... :)

That was sarcasm?.......sigh..............My hopes are dashed.

It's all fun! :)

I'm using a Denso Iridium plug Part # IX24.

I've been happy with it. It's a little pricey but I think it has helped with the starting issues I was having. Used to take 6-7 kicks to turn over. Now 1 or 2 kicks is the norm. Plus it burns really clean.

Just my thoughts on this.... :)