Sign in to follow this  

What do you haul your bikes with?

I'm looking at switching from a long bed pick up to an extended cargo or passenger van. What are the vast majority of you guys hauling your rides with? Note to admin: I wasn't sure where to post this, feel free to relocate.

I use a 6x12 Pace American box trailer :) and pull it with a 1500 reg bed Silverado. Functions as my bike garage, tent, work shop and storage for all my riding stuff. I don't have to load/unload my truck, just park and lock the trailer :)

I'm looking at small tow behind toy haulers now :p

85 Ford E350 4x4 SuperDuty Extended Hi-Top Ambulance Conversion

A work in progress. Fits my bike and a ton of other crap as well.

You can find 4x4 vans every once in a while on ebay, more Ambulances are in

box form then extended van. 4x4 vans are nice, but not easy to find decent deals on.

Spent 4 months laid up with a broken foot shopping for this one.

Pics from when I got it, still working on it.

1pxy011pxy0l

1pxy1i1pxy51

85 Ford E350 4x4 SuperDuty Extended Hi-Top Ambulance Conversion

That, sir, is completely bad-ace!

Thanks Junky, I like it. Most older ones go for $6-$10k.

They listed it wrong on ebay as a 4x4 F350 so no one really paid it much attention.

Flew to Salt Lake & met the guy @ the airport.

Cruises great, drove it back to California @ 85+ most of the way.

No I didn't use lights & sirens. :):)

Got it for $3000, had 46,000 miles on it. All the maintenance records, etc.

It has a $hitload of cool stuff, separate rear heat & air, huge power inverter.

Dual batteries, beefy 4x4 running gear, dual gas tanks, sink, outside power hookup, 460 gas engine, etc.

My local sheriff didn't seem to like the fact it still had all the lights

and a Utah exempt plate on it. They took my plate and gave me a

fix it ticket for the lights and ambulance/fire dept markings.

That would be one great bike hauler kawidual :) 3K and only 46K miles, you stole it :) The sheriff should have arrested you, not written you a fix-it ticket :p

1979 Ford F 100 2WD 1/2 ton, black, with a 460 big block under the hood, 2.75 rear end for plenty of top end, factory cruise control, pass everything on the road except a gas station once the back wheels quit spinning!

02 Chevy Silverado 1500 HD 4x4 with a 4 inch lift. It takes me and my buddy to put that 450 in the back after a day af the track. It was lifted when I bought it. It looks cool but not the best for loading bikes into.

A light trailer good for 3 bikes and a Grand Marquis with a huge trunk. It's nice to drive back in a lazy boy after a day of dirt riding :) .

I know I'm getting old :) .

The trailer seems like a realy good idea too, as you can keep everything stored in it. Same concept as the van, but detachable. I was looking at the E350 15 passenger with the 6.0 PSD. It was my hope to remove all but the second row bech seats, set it up with whlle chocks and tie downs, with the option of putting one additional bench seat back in it when we're not hauling bikes. The family would have plenty of room with two rows of rear seats when we travel towing the toy hauler, and we'd still have a boat load of room in the back of the van for additional gear that doesn't alway fit in our small TH trailer. I was hoping the 6.0 PSD would tow close to how our Duramax did.

For 2 inch reciever Hauler

Matko

2116 N. 26th St

Boise, ID. 83702

Advertised on Ebay took a chance liked the build. Have hauled my CRF230F 250 miles in Michigan. No problems at all using 2000 Jeep Cherokee with HD Monroe spring shocks quasi tow package after mkt set up. Hauled 100F on 2 separate occasions 100 miles this hitch hauler is the best on the market I have seen to date!

I'm looking at switching from a long bed pick up to an extended cargo or passenger van. What are the vast majority of you guys hauling your rides with? Note to admin: I wasn't sure where to post this, feel free to relocate.

1993 dodge W-250 4x4 diesel. it's a great truck and a decent hauler, but one day soon i'm upgrading to an isuzu cab-over box truck

99 GMC Savana 2500, standard length. Had an 87 Ford 17 passenger ext. van previously, it was just too friggin long...

I won't go back to a PU truck, I prefer the theft-resistance of my van! :)

Currently:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=701&thumb=1

Planned - Receiver single bike hauler, 12ft flatbed, and long term, Carson 18ft FunRunner (need to buy a bigger house first).

The trailer seems like a realy good idea too, as you can keep everything stored in it. Same concept as the van, but detachable. I was looking at the E350 15 passenger with the 6.0 PSD. It was my hope to remove all but the second row bech seats, set it up with whlle chocks and tie downs, with the option of putting one additional bench seat back in it when we're not hauling bikes. The family would have plenty of room with two rows of rear seats when we travel towing the toy hauler, and we'd still have a boat load of room in the back of the van for additional gear that doesn't alway fit in our small TH trailer. I was hoping the 6.0 PSD would tow close to how our Duramax did.

I have a buddy that does this with an extendo van. He gets the box van (no windows) and has a conversion company put deep tint windows on both sides for the second row. He gets 200k HARD miles on a gasser E350, so the diesel will definetly go further than that. The PSD will run circles around the DuraSux so you won't have a problem towing.