Sign in to follow this  

Yz250-04? Is that a good bike?

Hi!

Yes is it a good bike or not? Yeah yeah I know its a twostroke..:) But I like the sound of it..:)

Suspension and all that.. Im think I will buy one on tuesday so I need to know if its a good bike or not.. :p

Thanks!

For a two-smoker, word, it's pretty good.

Disclaimer: MXJunky hasn't ridden a YZ250 since 1993.

The magazines all seemed to have good things to say. MXJunky works with a guy that has an '03 YZ250, dude loves it.

Hi!

Yes is it a good bike or not? Yeah yeah I know its a twostroke..:) But I like the sound of it..:)

Suspension and all that.. Im think I will buy one on tuesday so I need to know if its a good bike or not.. :p

Thanks!

they aren't good bikes. they're fabulous bikes!

Yes they are good bikes but if you are impulse buying one ina couple days it would serve you well to do your own research, figure out why you want it instead of why a few of us have liked ours.

Yes the 04 yz 250 smoker is one of the best out there, I feel that it handles better that the 05, the 05 has a better fork, but the 04 will turn in a little better because of its frame.(The first yr al. frame is good but still needs just a little tweeking) If you can get a good deal on one go for it, but you'll have to ride it for a while because resale on smokers isn't very good! Troy 140

you'll have to ride it for a while because resale on smokers isn't very good! Troy 140

this isn't true around here. retail on smokers is very poor. many dealers didn't order 04s because they never sold their 03s. needless to say the deals on left over 03s and 04s are unbelievable.

as for resale, as a percentage of retail price the 2 strokes and 4 strokes are about the same. resale on 2 strokes seems weak mostly because you're not taking into consideration the extra grand+ the 4 strokes cost.