Sign in to follow this  

Canada singletrack

A friend and I are considering making a riding trip to Canada this spring or summer and are looking for a great trail (singletrack) system. We'll be driving up from MN and would like to find the nearest/best trails. We're good riders so challenging terrain would be more than fine. Anybody out there have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Canada is a big country and you didn't specify which parts you are coming to, but if Ontario is in your sights then 2 words for AWESOME single track.

Ganaraska Forest. :)

Check this out... http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm

You can easily spend a couple of days checking out all the trails. There are a hundreds of kms of trail, including a couple of enduros every year.

You do need to have your bike insured, and there is a max dcb level.

I live close to the area, e-mail me if you want more info.

Al

where you coming?nova scotia?

or do you even know :)

canada is bigger then the states just so you know man :)

British Columbia has a ton of trails and different terrain to choose from. If you make it out to BC you won't be dissapointed:thumbsup: If you make it across the water to Vancouver Island I live in Victoria and would be more than happy to show you some great places to ride :)

Malcom Smith once said that despite all the places he's ridden around the world, the BC interior was still the best and most spectacular riding he has ever done. Come out west!

Chris.

Malcom Smith once said that despite all the places he's ridden around the world, the BC interior was still the best and most spectacular riding he has ever done. Come out west!

Chris.

I live in the Interior and the riding is awesome. PM me if you are coming out West and looking for places to ride.

Chris.

Nice avitar Chris! Go Miguel!

Easter slopes of the Rockies...........one of Malcom Smith's top ten places to ride :)

A friend and I are considering making a riding trip to Canada this spring or summer and are looking for a great trail (singletrack) system. We'll be driving up from MN and would like to find the nearest/best trails. We're good riders so challenging terrain would be more than fine. Anybody out there have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I was having similar questions some time back I e-mailed a fella up there and here is his reply. Maybe this will help

Hi Don

Ontario has a lot of good riding opportunities! If you are looking at

entering Canada at Sault Ste. Marie than the best place to go would be

Elliot Lake which isn't far from the border. Elliot LAke is a well known

centre for ATVer's with a great trail system. Beyond the local ATV trail

system there are thousands of miles of snowmobile trails, powerline

trails and old logging roads waiting to be explored. This area was

featured in the Dirt Rider Adventures TV program which was shown on the

OLN in the US, there was also a feature in the DR magazine. I haven't

presonally ridden in this area but have heard many good reports about

it. Having your bikes street legal makes connecting trails together easy

and is great when you want to get gas or lunch.

For more information on the Elliot Lake area here is one website to

start with, http://www.cityofelliotlake.com/atv.html . A quick search

will lead to many more.

I hope that helps!

Brian Helliwell

President, Ontario Dual Sport Club

www.odsc.on.ca

We won't be coming to BC as it's too far to go for the amount of time i can get off from work - not to mention gas prices! Just looking for the closest trails to MN.