Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever parted their used bike out?

I just bought an 05, and was thinking of parting my 03 out. Was just curious what some of your opinions are.. :):p:)

I've seen people part out brand new ones and do ok with it, but a two year old you're probably better off selling outright...just my opinion :)

I just bought an 02 crf450 just to part it out on Ebay. I've been watching what every part has been selling for, and after adding up all of the selling prices for each part, I came up with a total of about $5000. Not too damn bad if you ask me. Parting out an 02 for not much less than you can buy a brand new bike for. I've got my 02 down to the frame and motor and will start listing parts within the next few days.

If anyone parts out their bike, I'm looking for a spare complete rear wheel...so please PM me and see if maybe we can make a deal :) Thanks

I've bought 2 brand new CRF450's for the motor, carb, electronics and linkage to build 2 race quads and parted the rest of the bikes out, first one on ebay and the '05 here in Thumpertalk. I ended up getting $3450 for all the items from the '04 bike and around $3600 for the '05. I paid $5799 for the '04 and $5900 for the '05, so the motor, carb, electronics and linkage I kept ended up only costing me around $2200 - 2300, not bad!!

I've often thought I'd buy more and part the entire bikes out and make around $1000 per bike, not bad. You can sell new CRF motors on ebay all day long for $3000 and I've seen most go for $3500 and that's without the carb. The TRX guys like the carb so they buy them all day long. And there are still a bunch of people, like me, building hybrid quads with the CRF motor.

I forgot to mention, anyone looking for brand new CRF450 parts I have a good friend who just bought a new '05 and will be selling all the remaining items off that bike. His name is Johnny Hale, his business is JH Racing, phone is 918-371-0101 if you need any '05 parts, give him a call. He's eventually going to be putting everything on ebay so you might call him soon before he does that.