Sign in to follow this  

Bike not firing!!!!! Help.....

I need a motoplat ignition coil for a 94 WXC610 Husky. #'s off mine are: TM 11-10; 102032 00. #'s may not match up but I think all of the newer TC's, TE's and all of the WXC & WXE's use the same coils. I'm not getting any fire to the plug & have checked all connections for continuity with a meter. Even checked continuity of wires from coil to where they go. All wires & connectors seem to be good but no spark on good plug held to ground & no "shock" when holding the plug (connected to the coil wire) in my hand & kicking the kick starter. This blasted thing is driving me crazy!!! :) Does anybody have a good coil they want to sell or tell me where to find one? Thanks a bunch!!

Hen

I will rumage around at home, I used to have all the tests for the Motoplat. Since a redesign that took place in 1974 I have never seen a coil fail, it has always been the lower unit which is not available.

I appreciate it. When you say "lower assembly", are you talking about the magneto/ stator assembly? This bike/ engine is almost identical to the newer TC,TE's and all the WXE & WXC's whether they be the 250, 410, 510 or 610's. I've thought it could possibly be the lower parts (where the coil wires go down into the casing) but I didn't think I would have a problem finding the parts if that were the case. All this has happened just as I was getting ready to hit a few harescrambles too!! :) I'm just ready to get back riding. Thanks again man & let me know if you have anything to help

Hen

Are you sure you looking at a motoplat? I bet it isn't. Take the cover off & you will see it cast onto the alloy flywheel.

All the 610 up to 94 had SEM ignition which looks like a motoplat

From 95-04 the Husky 610/570/410 had the Italian Ducati Electronic ignition.

It is difficult to get the SEM coil from Husky.I bet it is the same as most of the mid 90's Bergs.

Another thing to look at: pull the flywheel and see if the magnets have moved. this is a very common problem with the 610/570. You may just need a new flywheel, or have the magnets rebonded(pain in the ass).

O.K, when it comes to internal combustion engines & what makes 'em tick, I'm as ignorant as they come. It appears you need a special tool to even get to the flywheel. I've removed the cover & there's something there but does not remotely resemble a flywheel. It has a couple of small holes that look like insertion points for a tool (possibly to hold everthing still to remove the bolt off the end of the crank) that I don't have & would have no idea where to get. It appears that the best thing for me to do is put her all back together, load her up & head to the nearest Husky shop. I know it'll cost out the ass but it's better than having a bike that I can only look at. I do appreciate all the help guys but without somebody pointing a finger & saying "take that off/ turn that this way..etc" I'm lost!! LOL I have all the respect in the world for you guys that can do all your own repairs!!! I haven't had this bike long & it was a long time before this one since I had one at all. Maybe with a little more time I too will be able to do my own repairs. Y'all have a good'un & thanks again.

This is not a good place to learn mechanicing, when I had a Husky shop I sold lots of cranks and some magnetos to guys that tried to take the flywheel off and did not know if they where left hand thread or not. (typically if the magneto is on the right the nut is left hand, but not always.