Sign in to follow this  

Update to should i let my daughter ride

Thanks to all the replies frome my last thread, just an update for you all. I have been taking my daughter out, and she has been riding her brthers xr80, and has been doing awesome! She goes through all the gears, balances well, has not fallen....yet, and is now ready for her own bike! Her quad has been listed for sale, and as soon as it's sold, she'll be getting her own bike :) She is 5'8 and she dwarfs the little 80, we have looked at the ttr 125's, but those a rather small for her, so a crf 230 it is, she has sat on the bike, and just about toches the ground with the balls of her feet, we laid the bike on it's side on the showroom floor, and she can pick it up...with a little effort. She is so excited about getting her own bike, once again, thanks to all the opinions/advice that you all gave! :)

That is awesome! Congrats to y'all!

Sounds like the crf230 is a great bike for her. :)

Congratulations on your daughter's riding! If she's anything like my daughter, many upgrades will be coming!

I was in a delima over getting my 15 year old daughter a WR250F or a YZ250F, we ended-up with a YZF. I thought she'd have trouble starting it, but she can do it.

Lindsey decided to make a site, but it is a work in progress with a few photo's in the photo section:

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=rogersracing&bhcp=1

Enjoy,

Rich

WOO HOO!! I'm danman's wife, checking out what is on this site. I can't tell you how happy I am too see girls getting out there, too!! It has always been such a rush to do stuff that "only boys are supposed to do." I think we owe it to our girls to let them let it all loose, and since I only have two small boys, I also think it is essential for our boys to see women as anything but frail or people who take the back seat. Riding a 200 was the perfect start when I began...the 250 just had too much zip, but the 200 had a more gentle transition...for me anyway.

Tell her best of luck, and that there are an awful lot of us out here who love the rush...she will never be alone!!

:)

Welcome to the League of Distinguished Thumpette Daddys

I'll second that.

I've got 15 year old twin daughters that ride. I assure you there's nothing better than taking them to the track. Except when they'd rather interact with the boys instead of riding.

See Ya,

Kelly