Sign in to follow this  

Please Help Tune My KX250F Suspension

I'm a beginner (MX) and I want to adjust my suspension myself.In simple terms can someone explain the upper and lower clickers on my Kayaba forks and what each does.Same thing for the rear shock.I believe there are 2 clickers on it.PC changed out the shock spring to a 4.9,6mm preload, compression 14 out,rebound 10.Sag is between 102 & 103 (per PC).The forks came back with Spring/Preload 40, compression12 & rebound 12. I'm at 175-180 with my gear on.I ride on tracks that are intermediate & hardpack. What are you guys running on your KXF or RMZ?

i did a complete revalve and setup with race-tech products. You can get spring rates off their website. The biggest improvement for you would be to get the springrates correct, set the rear sag correct, and put in a high quality 5w oil. Stock oil is pretty much dead after 10 hours.

Doing those things aren't very expensive and will help your ride out a lot. Revalve is nice but you'll add a couple hundred to your cost. Personally i would do the complete suspension before i would spend money on the motor because suspension will help you ride faster and smoother.

I have a really good DVD that explains suspension setup and explains how it works. It is called Basic Suspension Setup. When I get home I'll check out who makes it and let you know. But it shows how to go through it from beginning to end. It even includes how to tune and get it to work for you. As for the best way to learn: play with it. Read your manual and adjust the clickers one way or another a click at a time and find the best feel for you. Another idea is look at the suspension forum on here. Let me know if you need any more ideas. :)

Hey I would be interested in the video as well.....let me know who makes it when you get a chance...