Sign in to follow this  

Please Help Me Tune In My KXF Suspension

I'm a beginner (MX) and I want to adjust my suspension myself.In simple terms can someone explain the upper and lower clickers on my Kayaba forks and what each does.Same thing for the rear shock.I believe there are 2 clickers on it.PC changed out the shock spring to a 4.9,6mm preload, compression 14 out,rebound 10.Sag is between 102 & 103 (per PC).The forks came back with Spring/Preload 40, compression12 & rebound 12. I'm at 175-180 with my gear on. What settings would you recommend for an outdoor intermediate/hardpack motocross track?

Have you tried the bike with these settings? If so what did you find that you are unhappy with?

The Duck

I would recommend caling PC, they set up your suspension and should be able to offer tuning advise. Like Duck asked, what is the suspension doing that you are unhappy with?

Take Care, John

Rear seems too harsh.Swaps around a bit.Front action either too soft or too stiff.

Can you at least guide me thru the clickers as to what each does and by turning them one way or another what is accomplished.

Read through your Owner's Manual also, there are descriptions for making suspension adjustments in there. It will also tell you what the standard clicker positions were. There are lots of suspension tuning guides posted on the net that can explain in much better detail than anyone here could explain in a few sentences. Here is one on the MX Tech site:

http://www.mx-tech.com/tuning.asp

Of course everyone requires a little different setup, but the clicker settings recomended by PC are close to what many people have been running in my experience.