Sign in to follow this  

who hurt honda the most, losing j mcgrath or rc

different era riders, but can you compare honda the following year after losing out on the #1 rider in the world. i think the big red machine only takes a slight blip but keeps marching on

john

03 crf450r

Mcgrath was washed up when Honda let him go. Proof to that is--- What has he won on any other bike. (besides mammoth mx or super moto)The only reason Honda has him now is for his popularity--not for winning races--he is a 5th-10th place supercross rider now at best.

I think he won a supercross title on a blue bike , and to come back with vary little training to play ride and get 5th is damn good , washed up is kinda harsh , he is one of the best riders of all time

Mcgrath was washed up when Honda let him go. Proof to that is--- What has he won on any other bike. (besides mammoth mx or super moto)The only reason Honda has him now is for his popularity--not for winning races--he is a 5th-10th place supercross rider now at best.

What has he won after leaving Honda? Only the SX Championship in '98, '99 and 2000 on a Yamaha :)

Seams he wasn't washed up after all. Got's ta know your history.

For coming back after being gone so long I thought he looked pretty good in the last few races, especially early in the races but he seems to tire quickly. Nice to see him back though.

how old are you? Do you read MX magazines that date back prior to 2004? McGrath is "The King". With 72 Supercross wins under his belt, he has earned

every real MX enthusiasts repect and praise. Calling Jeremy McGrath washed up is ignorant and disrepectful. :) Jeremy is still reponsible for sell out crowds and record attendance, even in 2005. I don't care if Ricky serves Jeremy roost burgers all day, I'm glad he's back and we(MX enthusiasts) love to watch him ride. Real MX enthusiasts love Jeremy and repect him for putting Motocross on the Map.:)

MXFJ40

I am not even going to waste my time fighting u on this one because you have NO idea what in the hell u are talking about AT ALL you ROOKIE :)

MC is my favorite........ I might even go to a supercross this to see him and put money in the series, which Rickey has never made me do....

I just went to the S.F. SX a few weeks back just to see "Showtime" but he didn't even show up :) ,

So many riders like Chad Reed dreamed to be like Jeremy one day but just don't have what it takes. CR is nothing compared to MC in his day.

To answer the original post, so far, I think McGrath's loss hurt Honda the most. However, Ricky's Rampage continues...

("Ricky's Rampage"...I just came up with that. Kinda catchy, I think)

What has he won after leaving Honda? Only the SX Championship in '98, '99 and 2000 on a Yamaha :)

Seams he wasn't washed up after all. Got's ta know your history.

:p That guy must have forgotten to check the results for those years :) ....MC ruled the roost pretty good on the blue machines and if not for a mechanical failure (clutch, funny eh?), he still would have won in 1997 on the yellow bike...

ok--i was wrong about the championships that he won on a blue bike--i admit im wrong--but i can guarantee that he is washed up now--he wont make a podium this year--rc is in a class by himself--when you go to a supercross you are going to see who gets second place(because 1st is wrapped up by rc) chad and kevin are in the next group of fast riders. the next group is larocco,fonseca,vuillemen,tortelli,voss,byrne,wey--after these I would say maybe mcgrath if he was in shape.

At the risk of being flamed, I say neither. Did anyone here really buy a Honda because of who Honda pays to race them? While the race team suffered a bit, Honda the company still sells waaayy more bikes than anyone else. Always have. When I had my YZ250, I rooted for Emig, but I didn't sell it for a KX250 when he went green. Now that I own a CRF, I like to see them do well, but I also like seeing Reed, Tedesco, and RC run up front. I doubt very much that Honda sales lagged even a little bit when McGrath left, or more recently RC.

I just went to the S.F. SX a few weeks back just to see "Showtime" but he didn't even show up :) ,

So many riders like Chad Reed dreamed to be like Jeremy one day but just don't have what it takes. CR , RC ,KW , ML ,are nothing compared to MC in his day.

i agree totally

Like LaRocco said: When McGrath dominated it was all about who could do the obstacles perfectly. When Ricky arrived he showed everyone what the new pace was.

Like LaRocco said: When McGrath dominated it was all about who could do the obstacles perfectly. When Ricky arrived he showed everyone what the new pace was.

no the ama changed the tracks to suit ricky:ie more like a motocross track not as technical

no they changed the tracks to suit ricky:ie more like a motocross track not as technical
no doubt about that.