Sign in to follow this  

The best place to get suspension done

I was wondering where everybody was getting their suspension revalved and setup at, because I'm considering having mine done and I just wanted to know who was the best.

I don't think there's any one best shop. These "shops" are just made up of people. I'm run'n w/ Race Tech for the 250. There's a Race Tech center right here in SLC, so that's nice.

Devol Engineering has always done mine and my race teams stuff. I think there's a lot of good shops out there. Just go with one with a good reputation and I think you'll be happy.

how much did it cost to have factory connection do your suspension?

I had the forks and shock re-valved and serviced and the front springs changed to a .47 rate. Total was five and a half bucks including freight both ways. Best money ever spent. I'm sure there are cheaper suspension builders around, but these folks have an awesome reputation as well they should.

I don't think there's any one best shop. These "shops" are just made up of people.

Good Points, shifter :)

Just be honest with your tuner, make sure he understands what you expect. Alot of guys think they want suspension like RC or their fast buddy...wrong get it tuned to your ability, then any good tuner will upgrade you for free or just for the cost of an oil change.

IMO I like MX Tech's East Coast suspension outside of Pittsburg. :)

In the Northwest, Les Tinius at LT-Racing is the best. Does alot of gasgas and husky stuff from all around the country plus KTMs and everything else from the local riders. He is located in port orchard (near bremerton) - www.lt-racing.com He is a factory trained honda tech and a machinist as well with a lathe and mill in his shop - so he does suspension lowering etc very cleanly.. (can machine a custom spacer to shorten shock to just the "right amount").

- jeff

I used Pro-Action from my local KY shop. He set it up to do hare scrambles, but he does more motox work. He even had a track to test on. Don't know if all the Pro-Action shops are as good as this. But that is tough to beat. The man even delivered my forks to my house which was 100 miles from his shop. That's service. He only charged 375.00 for shocks and forks. Well worth the money. I'm sure the other places can set up the bike just as well, so in the end, just make sure you can get good service. I see my suspension tech at every hare scramble that I go to. But I've never needed him after he serviced the suspension initially.

I just sent mine off to Factory Connection today.

504--Can you give any details on the improvements you've noticed from the revalve?

Biggest improvements are: The bike hooks up alot better than ever before, and tracks straight through anything. Seems to turn way better and has generally a real plush ride now with no harshness through rough terrain. Really eats up those nasty braking bumps. Makes me ride with better confidence. Very pleased. :)

Thanks, 504. I'm pysched to get these back. But, the weather has to clear up around here, probably a good 3-4 weeks before I can ride again.

That is what I did. I sent my parts up to FC in New Hampshire on Wednesday of last week and UPS told me that they would receive the parts the following day. I'll keep you posted on the turnaround.

Fat Max Racing hands down. Especially you showa guys. Eric is really good with showa. He outfitted his 04 KXF250 with 03 CRF450 suspension. I can't stand the bike but it handles amazing.

Robert Reynard does a awesome job and everyone knows who is boy is Plus he's inexpensive $350 forks and shock this the third bike he's done for me 125 INT :)