Sign in to follow this  

indiana ohv registration

i just bought my 2005 crf450 and was wondering what kind of registration i have to do for my bike. All i have from the dealer is a certificate of origin and bill of sale.

IN OHV registration is weird. You don't have to do it unless you want to ride at Redbird, the only DNR-owned riding property. In my county, Kosciusko, and many others, if you have your OHV registered and your stickers displayed properly, you may ride down the county road and/or c.r. right-of-way. That's nice if you want to cruise to the neighbor's trails. Last I checked it was $18 for a three-year registration.

if i get this ohv will i have to pay taxes on my bike? I bought it out of state and haven't paid taxes on it yet.

The fee is $10 a year now I believe. When you register with the state you will now have to pay assessed value tax on your vehicle which you report to your county assessor along with your property taxes. :)

The fee is $10 a year now I believe. When you register with the state you will now have to pay assessed value tax on your vehicle which you report to your county assessor along with your property taxes. :)

What a scam...