Sign in to follow this  

help with 250f jetting

hey guys, i have an 04 yz250f with a gyt-r air filter. Its winter now and the only way my bike will start is if i use starter fluid. (valves ARE in spec) What does this mean? how should i adjust the jetting?

also, when you snap the throttle it either bogs or just cuts out completely.

On transworldmx.com it says, "If you notice a bog when you snap the throttle, the fuel screw is most likely set too rich. When the bike's running too lean, instead of a bog, you'll experience a cut out and your bike may stall on you. " This is confusing because i experience BOTH symptoms however according to this they are caused by opposite reasons.

Any assistance into gettin my bikes running well would be greatly appreciated. thanks

anybody? i thought this was the place to ask this kind of question. I know for some of you the answer is obvious, but i find the whole carburetor thing confusing. Well the concept is simple but tuning it still confuses me.

In winter sometimes the jetting will become too lean, depending on the temperature and how it was set up in the summer.

Sounds to me like you're a bit lean on the pilot. Adjusting the fuel screw might help or you may need to step up the pilot jet one size.

well, even before the winter, the bike would bog and sometimes cut out when i snap the throttle.

When i kick it now in the winter, it doesnt even sound like its sparking at all, ya know. as if there was no gas in it. But there IS gas in it cause i usually end up flooding it out of frustration. Whatever needs to be done, ill do. Just help me figure out what needs to be done. thanks