Sign in to follow this  

Only stories (no damage)

I was riding Cow Mtn (Northern California) last weekend and I came across another 250R head-on (it's PURE coincidence that it was another Honda, but particularly appropriate for this forum - I have a 250X) on the downhill (he was going uphill) and we were about to have a head on. Anyway, he braked and leaned right to avoid me. I stopp-ied (the first one in my life), and flew over him (literally). The bike went up and over to the right, landing in the bushes (not on him), and I flipped over and was totally fine. I'm 34 and was scared shitless of breaking something, but it ended up great. He was terrified that I had broken something, but it all worked out. We had a great laugh and a great conversation on this single track. I'm amazed at what happened and that I didn't get hurt.

Anyway, share you positive stories where you DIDN'T get hurt, but it was funny as hell. I'd love to hear what happened to you.

i did pretty much the same thing but i was on a 230 and he was on a ttr 125. our bikes seemed tangled. we were both fine, no damages, he was freaking out like omg are you ok are you ok, u sure? kinda funny, o well, i was scared shitless in that one second though

Last summer we had a jump on the top of an uphill, and after hitting it for a while we decided to have one of our friends lay down under it, since we had done this before and it was cool to watch a bike fly over you, and we would easily clear him. The run up however had gotten slick from all the runs on it, and as I was heading up the tire started to spin really bad. I was going to fast to stop by now, so I pinned it and shifted to 4th, terrified that I was going to land on him, and just hoping i would hook up and get some drive to clear him. I was going faster than I thought, so I easily cleared him, but the tire was spinning so much I lost all my drive off the jump and did a major nosedive, went over the bars, and as I bounced into the air again I saw my bike cartwheeling end over end at least 6 feet above my head. I found out it had landed pointed straight down and rolled forward, with the seat bouncing off my leg and then rebounding the bike into the air. My leg hurt for a while, but everything was fine, except a slighty tweaked subframe. I am reminded of it everytime I see the crooked rear fender. :)

Its always nice when you have a really good get-off on the track and walk away, one of my friends does it all the time, what up beezy b??????!!!!!!!!

Last summer we had a jump on the top of an uphill, and after hitting it for a while we decided to have one of our friends lay down under it, since we had done this before and it was cool to watch a bike fly over you, and we would easily clear him. The run up however had gotten slick from all the runs on it, and as I was heading up the tire started to spin really bad. I was going to fast to stop by now, so I pinned it and shifted to 4th, terrified that I was going to land on him, and just hoping i would hook up and get some drive to clear him.

Same situation, different conclusion. :)

- The jump was not kicking enough (it went pretty close) :D :

DSC00003.jpg

-But in the end, I cleared him pretty easily :p :

DSC00002.jpg

No crash sorry. :):D

i was going pretty fast on this blind trail on my old 03 xr200, and as i was rounding a corner i was thinking to myself i should prolly slow down, but then i looked up and oh crap a 4 wheeler going too fast for it's own good hit me head on. I flew over the handlebars and broke my new handguards. The guy was friendly but didn't help me up or anything. He did say he was sorry, and i told him the same only having my fingers crossed! Man i hate 4 wheelers!

my brother was going to fast around a blind corner on a dirt road on his trx450r and collided with a dakota truck. it bent his nerf bar and sent him flying over a steep bank be he came out unhurt. hi-larious

i tend to get goofing around sometimes...and manage to have a crash once in a while.

we were at my favorite track for a practice, and they were letting the little guy on for about 15 minutes. meanwhile all of us were goofing around on teh startingline/gate, just practicing coming off the gate and such. my friend and i decided that we would see who could wheelie furthest. i was wheelying along and a slid back which made me twist the throttle. off the end i went and bruised my tailbone.

next story:

at the same track there is a 90 degree corner that leads into a single, then into a downhill jump. i managed to come flying off that with the throttle pinned, went right over backwards like i was trying to do a backflip. i pushed off and slid down the hill. afterwards i walked down, hopped back on my bike and rode off.

Unloading:

a friend of mine is crazy. instead of borrowing my ramp, he decides it would be best to run backwards as fast as he could and hope he could run the bike straight off. nope. the bike lands on him and we are all too busy laughing at him while hes screaming under his bike to help.

:)

Last summer, before moving to baghdad I was racing in brainerd MN and last turn I was setting myself up for a pass and the dude totally blocked me so we drag raced to the finish line jump. Well, he went low, I went high and I saw him right in my line as Im coming down fast. I do a half assed whip, move kinda thing trying to avoid him and we landed side by side. After the race I went over to him to apologize and say, "dude that was close" he was still shaking and said ya it was close, then he showed me the rubber marks on his number plate from my tires.

Close call but no one was hurt and we had a good laugh about it. :)

Well I took out a 250f on my 80 once, lol, and I wasnt too good on my 80...

It was a big rythm section with 4 doubles, I had just started doing them and you had to kinda turn in the air on the last one. Well I was just kind of landing then turning a bit in between the jumps before i hit the last one so i didnt have to turn in the air. Well it was working till one lap when right when i started to turn I heard a 250f behind me, I just said oh shit in my head because he was getting closer (I could hear him) Well we both ended up in the air at about the same time and are number plates slammed togther kinda hard and sent the rear end of each of our bikes the opposite ways, We both landed sideways and both flew off the bike as soon as we landed. Both of us hopped up and started apologizing and got our bikes up and went back to the pits. Well I told my friends about it and he so happend to be friends with the kid i took out lol. So I apologized again and we were both not too banged up, My thigh was pretty bruised and the side of his leg got torn up a bit. Nice way too meet some one lol :)