Go home friday, What do i find...............

A new 05' WR250F sitting in my garage when i open the door. ?

My girlfriend took the day off work and went and drove 2 hours to pick it up for me without me even knowing anything about it.

I was going to have to get it in about 1 months time when my weekends were free again, so it was totally unexpected. Spent friday afternoon taking all the indicators and number plate holder off it, making sure it is all good. Finally got to ride it sunday afternoon. ? It is so much different to the TTR250. I love it! And i haven't even opened up the airbox or exhaust yet. Thankfully the bike comes with a replacement throttle stop screw which the dealer fitted at assembly and a sheet telling you how to open up the airbox, exhaust and what to set the carb at.

Boy am i happy.

Yeah they come street legal here in Australia. It isn't too much trouble to take it all off. Just remove the indicators, rear number plate and the stupid looking stickers on the back fender. All done and looks 1000 times better without them on.

But the bonus is if i even decide the register it for road use it all goes back on really easy. If only to keep the rangers happy.

After reading this thread I had to go to www.yamaha-motor.com.au to check out the street legal WR250F wish we had that here,We have to go out and spend around another $500 to modify.Also could not believe it but they also have a YZ250WR a street legal 2 stroke motocross bike,Not to mention the WR450 2-TRAC with its two wheel drive. ??

A new 05' WR250F sitting in my garage when i open the door. ?

My girlfriend took the day off work and went and drove 2 hours to pick it up for me without me even knowing anything about it.

I was going to have to get it in about 1 months time when my weekends were free again, so it was totally unexpected. Spent friday afternoon taking all the indicators and number plate holder off it, making sure it is all good. Finally got to ride it sunday afternoon. ? It is so much different to the TTR250. I love it! And i haven't even opened up the airbox or exhaust yet. Thankfully the bike comes with a replacement throttle stop screw which the dealer fitted at assembly and a sheet telling you how to open up the airbox, exhaust and what to set the carb at.

Boy am i happy.

Marry her, or get the ring quick. They don't make 'em like that too often. Luckily, I have such a model. Enjoy the new bike! ?

Yahoo... mine's looked like that since day-2.

Is that the Grady County bike carrier? How do you like it?

Yeah, I guess there's no better way to break the bike than not to baby it. Poor thing. ?

The carrier is actually an Add-a-bike carrier http://www.addabike.com/ and I like it alot. It really does take less than a minute to load/unload. This bike is alot heaver than my KX100 so the suspension on the minivan sags quite a bit under load so I might need to get stiffer springs.

If I didn't have this carrier, I wouldn't be riding at all. We have no room for trailer storage and this thing hardly takes up any room in the garage. ?

After reading this thread I had to go to www.yamaha-motor.com.au to check out the street legal WR250F wish we had that here,We have to go out and spend around another $500 to modify.Also could not believe it but they also have a YZ250WR a street legal 2 stroke motocross bike,Not to mention the WR450 2-TRAC with its two wheel drive. ??

I admit we do have it good over here. ? All the street legal stuff is sitting in a box at home still new waiting for when i would like to register the bike. :D Gotta love Australia!

I'm also considering a WR250, but have not had a chance to ride one. Although I have road a TTR250, and was not impressed. Let me know why the WR250 is better. Tell me what I want to here and I too will have one! Maybe my girl will get it for me? I could only be so lucky!

Oh man... the TTR is a basic trail bike... total pig. Overweight, underpowered, lousy suspension, and a frame that'll break if you make a habit of jumping.

It really should be built as a dual sport because it's more suitable for roads (under 40mph limit) than offroad.

There. That what you wanted to hear? :D

Seriously... the only thing the TTR series has going for it is price. That's it.

The WR has WAY more power stock, and after the free mods it is competitive in the 125cc class. With a YZ cam swapped in, it IS a YZ with a headlight, electric start, and a suspension tuned more for trails than the track.

Now... you Aussies... what's with the 2wd WR450F I see? ???

I'm also considering a WR250, but have not had a chance to ride one. Although I have road a TTR250, and was not impressed. Let me know why the WR250 is better. Tell me what I want to here and I too will have one! Maybe my girl will get it for me? I could only be so lucky!

I don't know how much help i can be, i have only run the WR for just over 1 hour, but my first impression was exceptional. First off the weight difference between the TTR & the WR is really noticable to me. The WR felt really nimble. I was only breaking in the engine at the time so i wasn't revving it much but i could tell the difference straight away, very zippy and very easy to ride. Can't comment on the suspension as i was only in flat paddocks and when i did hit a bump it was firm cos i hadn't touched the settings yet, but i am going home tonight to set up the suspension right.

Overall i am very very pleased with the bike, i haven't even done any mods and i like it alot, feels like it would leave the TTR for dead without even trying.

Anything i missed please feel free to ask me.