Sign in to follow this  

99 TTR250 mods?

I've got a 99 TTR250 bone stock. Would like recommendations for exhaust, suspension mods, and anything else anyone can think of...new to 4 stroke off roading. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andy

ProCircuit T-4 or FMF, both slip ons, rejet, UNI air filter. The pipe saves 5 lbs easily over the stock exhaust. Use the restrictor from the stock endcap, cut the pipe that goes into the muffler (about 5" and flared at the end), and bolt into the end cap of the ProCircuit. The FMF does not require this operation and has a nice deep sound.

CS

I went with a Yoshimura full system...Comp 3. Will be installing it this weekend. It has a spark arrestor and I loved the finish! I'll post how it works next week.

Yamaha has a high compression piston kit, Web Cam lists a cam for the TTR250.

Suspension upgrades...Race Tech has a chart to figure out spring rates for your weight. Mine are getting replaced very soon. These bikes are pretty slow stock but I am determined to make it as fast as my '85 XR250R.

The first thing I would do to a TTR250 is put a fork brace from Scott Summers on and a steering stabilizer. A bigger carb and Yamaha's after market high compression piston like MAUSERP mentioned too. And an exhaust but I can't remember the one I installed on mine a few years ago. Also you really need to put on a skid plate too drag over the deep ruts and logs because of the short suspension. The reason I mentioned these mods is because I have to say the TTR250 was my most fav bike. I was faster on it than any other I have had and the reliable is unbelievable. I currently own an 02 KTM RFS 250 with a 305 big bore kit and an 04 CRF 250X. But I like the X better than the RFS but it is still not the TTR!! If the TTR would have had the suspension that the X has I never would have changed. GOOD LUCK

By the way, a good set of barkbusters like fastway is a necessity. I also put on the kick starter but it was not worth it.