Sign in to follow this  

yz250f hour meter

Ok, I hope I am making a very stupid mistake here that someone can point out. I just brought home my new 2005 yz250f and I installed a yamaha hour meter. I followed the little direction that they give and wrapped the wire around the spark plug wire 4 times and then ran the cable up the right hand side of the bike wrapping around the throttle cable a couple times and then mounted the meter on the flat surface near the head tube. I ran the wire through the the little slot on the back of the hour meter like the directions said and cut off the excess wire even with the right hand side of the meter. The wire runs through the hour meter from left to right. I went on my first ride today and nothing registered on the meter:( Any advice on what I hope is a silly oversight on my part would be appreciated.

P.S. I absolutely love the bike!! I just switched from a 2003 crf450 and I was suprised at how much power the bike has.

I'm not sure but I think on the yami you have to connect to the coil. I think I heard there was to much insulation on the spark plug wire.