Sign in to follow this  

picture of the perfect roost

is it posible to do that w/out a padle and that ski? if so I know what im doing the next time I see a flooded road.

Wet 'n Wild :) .

I've seen that done with snow mobiles, skimming the water.

How far across did you go?

I'd like to see that in a video clip.

That's pretty incredible.

is it posible to do that w/out a padle and that ski? if so I know what im doing the next time I see a flooded road.

I got the idea from an old crusty video. I think it was a CR 500 with paddle but no ski. He had a long smooth launch pad and looked like he was doing 80mph when he hit the water. He made it across a few times but one time his front suspension started bouncing, the tire broke surface tension and he endoed bit time. You can skip shallow puddles without a paddle but the water slows you down fast and I don't think a knobby would give you much propulsion. My paddle was getting enough bite to bog the engine near the other side. I was tempted to downshift to 3rd but things were pretty hairy with all the spray and if I missed the shift I'd be bait.

The land up here is all rock and crap. There was only 1 pond that looked like I had any chance and the only spot not too rocky to cross was 300 feet across and 40 feet deep in the middle, no where to practice. I was just tapping into 4th when I hit the water and made it across every time but going that slow I don’t think I would’ve have a chance without the ski.

I skip my sled and can start off right from the water’s edge. The sled will actually pull the skis out of the water if I crack it and can stay up indefinitely unless the belt gets wet. The bike feels more stable in the water than the sled, I guess from the gyro of the tires, but it’s a losing battle all the way across. I ordered a new paddle and if I could get some more speed it might stay up on plane.

I have a couple of low res clips of the sled but won't have bike skipping vid until this summer.

Wildo it is possible to hydro with out a ski have seen it on a video. The guy were hauln ASS and did not seem to be that smart. Try at your own risk flat out 5th gear should do it. Good luck let us know how it works out.