Sign in to follow this  

Why the Pros wear white AStars??

:) Just curious...Can anyone tell me why is it that nearly all the Pros wear white Alpinestars? The question came up the other day and I was told it was due to the fact that they "break-in" better. Does anyone know the real reason?

White Tech 8's are available in a vented version. The other colors are not.

Then there's the issue of fashion. For awhile black was "it". Now it's white. And since they probably get as many boots as they want from A-stars keeping them clean is not an issue. I think I read somewhere they get new boots every three races.

Guess I never noticed that they were vented. What part of the boot is vented? Guess I'll have to look closer. I'm ready for a new pair, but I think white would look silly with my black/red Fox gear.

Those vents on the white A-Stars look nice, but seems like they would get plugged up with mud or scoop up water from trail riding in the winter. :)

white boots show up better on TV

Exactly. This is what A* wants u to notice. If u see what all the pros are riding u are gonna wanna be like them. PUBLICITY for their sponser.

Guess I never noticed that they were vented. What part of the boot is vented?

They're vented on the outter side above the ankle. I have both white and black and I just figured the newer ones were vented as a new feature. :)

i have white A stars tech 8s and i love them. first day really riding with them on the ice. but there holding up great. got some water in them from the vents but i learned to put a little piece of duck tap over the vents next time on a muddy or waterie ride.