Sign in to follow this  

TTR 122L YZ fork??

I've read the post on how to convert the ttr front forks using a yz 80( 1993-2001). My question is can you use the forks and triple clamps from a later model 2004 YZ 85 and do the same type of conversion? Are they longer or is there some other reason why it won't work?

Thanks

Yep They are the same to fit and a much better fork as they have much better internals. The article says to 2001 as it was probably written back then. :)

Thanks guys I really appreciate the fast response. I plan on putting 04 YZ 85 forks and triple clamps on and lowering the forks until my son gets a little bigger. Hes a good rider but not tall enough for the increased height. Other than heavier springs are you guys revalving the forks and if so would anyone care to let me know what the shim stacks they are using? I'm trying to set the bike up for plush woods riding.

Thanks Again

Mike

The forks have to be pushed through to the bars even with a lifted rear. I have a custom shock and the bike is balanced properly. If you dont you will land up with a "chopper" that doesnt steer too well.

For a light boy on trails the stock YZ fork set up will be pretty close as the TTR is a lot heavier than the YZ and the YZ forks are fully adjustable.

If you have the forks shortened internally, the spring rate will go up and you won't need stiffer springs. You WILL need to increase the rebound damping to compensate for stiffer springs.