Sign in to follow this  

2005 Suspension Fix?

Have a friend considering a 2005 RMZ250. He's hesitant though about the suspension. What have you guys found to be the best fix? (w/out ordering a high$ set of PC SHOWA's!) ENZO w/subtanks, FC, PC, PA....

He's a Vet A rider about 185lbs+-.

Thanks!

I have a couple friends who ride RMZ's and they both run TBT suspension on them. they are way plusher, have better bottoming resistance, and seem alot more stable with TBT's work done to them. I would recommend TBT as well, I run it on both of my bikes.

I am 180 suspension was revalved by fcr suspension in ohio. I raced a few races with stock suspension and I didnt feel was really as bad as everyone says. :)

Stop paying $ and Start Setting up your bike! :D

Static and Dynamic 'Sag'? ;)

Learn what your Compression and Rebound really "DO"... :)

Get the book and the tools out...and if you can't figure something out, there's and Excellent 'Suspension' forum right here on TT! :D

Jeeeeez! :p

If you do all your "set-up" you'll find out if you have the "Right" springs for your "Weight". :o

Then there's all those wonderful Compression and Rebound settings...use them and get it dialed in WAY BEFORE you go and spend a bunch of dollars. :)

Here's a Q: Does the average guy really need a revalve on a new bike? :D

or

Does the average guy take the time to "Learn How" to "Tune" his Suspension? :D

I'm just trying to be helpful. Take the time to learn this stuff.

You'll be a better Rider AND Mechanic, if you do!

Good Luck!

Manny :D

I hear what you are saying Manny, but the stock suspension on this bike doesn't respond too well to clicker adjustments, spring changes, oil level changes, disabling the bladders, etc. You really have to get into the forks to get them nice. The rear shock isn't as bad as the forks. The forks on this bike need some work. The rest of the bike is GREAT! The forks however need some work to bring them up to par with the competition.

I'd get the bike and plan on getting the forks tuned up.

i would spend the money on the suspension. I sprung mine and put gold valves in it and it made it awsome. If you don't have the cash for a revalve then put springs for your weight (race-tech.com has spring rates for your weight) and put a quality 5w oil in because the stock oil is shot after about 5-10 hours of riding.

set your sag correctly and you'll like it more than you do now.

but in all actuality, i would spend the money on suspension before motor work. complete suspension costs less than an exhaust system and will be way more beneficial.