Sign in to follow this  

handguards will they fit

i just bought moose hand guards allunuim. now iam looking for the plastic guards? will all fit on my moose? what5 do you suggest for enduro races and trail rides?

thanks

I race the Missouri Hare Scrambles Series,I ride a 2000 Suzuki DRZ400E in the OPEN B Class and I use the Moose aluminum handguard with the Cycra plastic guards.You just take the 3 metal screws that come with the plastic handguards and screw them into the aluminum.Last year was my first year racing and I BANGED THE HELL OUT OF THOSE THINGS!!!!!They stood up to it ALL.At the end of the season they were pretty rough but still together.In fact I just ordered another set for this new race season.Chad

I have 2 bikes both with bark busters. One has the plastic guards and one does not. The one with guards is so much better at protecting your hands from branches slapping them. I race hare scrambles and I didn't really know how much the plastic was saving me until I tried it without them. Mine mounted the same way, 3 screws through the hand guards. well worth the money.

I'm fitting new aluminum guards on my WR and found the Cycra shields (p/n 10-1512 for black) at www.rockymountainmc.com for $20. I will be buying those over a cheaper set for the fact that they cover more area. The bigger the shield, the more protection (obviously). If you don't want them that big, there are smaller versions on the site. Tusk makes a version that just fits on the corner of the guard for $10 (p/n 19-3100 black), and Cycra makes a low-profile version for $17 (11-1512 black). Put those numbers in and you can pick other colors as deisred.

I agree with Chad that the ticket for durability is aluminum covered by a shield. I don't know if I trust those all plastic ones (yes, I mean the ones that actually fit like the al. ones) to stand up to all the trees I will make the acquaintance of in the course of a season.