Sign in to follow this  

Oil In The Airbox

Has anyone had this occur resulting from possibly running a notch to much oil. My oil level at the last filter and oil change was a notch above the full line. I dint think much of it until I just cleaned my filter. I found some oil residue inside the box and motor oil stains on the lower part of the filter.

Any thoughts? Could this cause any problems? Bike seems to be running fine. I am thinking of draining a tad to bring the level to the in between marker.

its usually cuased by blow by unless you had way to much oil in it.

i run 700cc's in mine with no issue.

all the crf's ive seen puking into the air box have been cured with a new piston/rings.break in is critical as the window of time for seating the rings is short.

Man I love that article. I was always taught that. Mechanics in the Harley shops started testing this when the new evo serios of engines came out.

To answer your question, yes, too much oil can end up in the air box. Would I worry about a lil bit in there? No. If there was a lot I'd be worried. 3 out of 10 I work on have a lil bit of oil in the air box/on the filter. Clean the filter, oil with proper oil and ride on.