Sign in to follow this  

New wheel setup, front brakes dragging...

Hi,

Just converted a stock DRZ 400s to SM with Morad (wheels)/Talon(Hubs)/Michelins/Braking (320mm)/Motomaster (relocater bracket) setup. The front rotor is nearly twice as thick as stock, it's a good thing my front brakes are worn out or else I'd be in REAL trouble.

Here's the problem (with bike on stand); when spinning the front wheel I'm noticing significant rubbing (brakes on rotor) and this is with worn pads, what could it be??

Also, running 15/41 gearing with a stock stretched out o-ring chain, no master link? How can this be? What link count is recommended? Also have a 39 tooth rear, has to work with that too.

Thanks so much for any help, Dizzy

Here's the problem (with bike on stand); when spinning the front wheel I'm noticing significant rubbing (brakes on rotor) and this is with worn pads, what could it be??---There is dirt on the pistons that cause bind. Disassenble the caliper and clean the pistons.

Also, running 15/41 gearing with a stock stretched out o-ring chain, no master link? How can this be?--- No master link is normal. Cut the chain and add one if you need to shorten or replace the chain.

What link count is recommended?--whatever works.

Also have a 39 tooth rear, has to work with that too.---41 and 39 should be no problem. Either (or maybe both) 112 or 110 links will work. Try it and see which is best.

when I installed the motomaster rotor, there was a significant amount of drag at first until the rotor bedded in.

yes, the Braking Wave 320mm disc is about 4.5mm thick if i still remembered correctly.

it is much thicker than the stock brake disc

it will rub alittle when ya put in new pad, when it bed in, it will work perfectly.

:)