Sign in to follow this  

OCNF Ride this weekend : Big 'Rub

Meeting/camping out this weekend at Big Scrub campground. Have a bunch of friends from work/etc. that will be out there. Gonna get this Pig dialed in once and for all. I have a special friend that survived and life threating situation that will be there on Monday to ride for the first time in quite a while (he's the one that I purchased the BRP from...), he's to a 4 wheeler now...

We welcome all TT riders and anyone else that wants to show up! Should be real nice weather, I'm bringing firewood anyway! Just talked to mxdrew, hopefully he can make it and bring a bunch of friends. My buddy at work is REALLY luck to be with us today. I would be great to show him just how luck he is to have fellow riders as we all are.

Regards, and watch for the trees!

Chip

---

Duh... don't know why I didn't get a date :) !

I personally had planned on being there on Saturday and making a weekend out of it, camping, etc. But _looks_ like worse case, I will be there sometime Sunday, setup camp at the Big Srub campground, then RIDE! I just want to GTFOD for a while.

Monday is the 'official' day of riding with the guy's from work. Some may come out on Saturday, dunno...

Again, Sunday at the latest I'll be there, ridin, and Monday is the day for the 'official' ride. Since I'll be at camp, I can meet whoever there or out on the powerlines.

I'll check in later and see who/when you might make it.

Chip

I will be in the Big Scrub area tomorrow (2-19) probably about 9 or 10 AM. If anyone wants someone to ride with, let me know. Over the past several months I've been experimenting with various points on FR 573. I'd really like to take a trek to the outskirts of the bombing range (if it's even possible), but am not too keen on traveling that deep into the woods alone (about 4 or 5 miles north of 573 according to MS TerraServer).

-Eric

If I could I would meet you up there tomorrow. I know the area fairly well and the 'bombing range' is usually accesable only by numbered roads... so you need a tag maybe. But, I've only been to the 'range' in my CJ-7 Jeep, so _maybe_ there are some backroads/trials for motocycles? Would be fun just trying to get there on a bike.

Good luck on your ride and mods! I'm doing some mods to the pig myself tomorrow and getting ready for Sunday!

Be safe,

Chip

--- :)

Thanks Chip - Yeah - that's what I had in mind with the bombing range - just something a little bit more thrilling than the same old sand and whoops.

Just got back from ONF - cough, cough. For those going out on Sunday or Monday - beware of the dust!!! Stay in the woods and avoid the power lines at all costs!!!

-Eric