Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Test Complete!!!!

WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!! 2 tanks of gas and all day riding with 2 CRF450's, 1 XR600, 1 XR650, 2 WR450's, 1 WR426, 2 KTM 535EXC's, 1 KTM 450SX, and a 125 2 stroke.

First off - I couldn't believe how fast the CRF450's were - they absolutely rip.... Too fast for me, but fun to watch... The XR600 was right up there, followed by the WR450's and 1 of the KTM 525's - these guys all have 20+ years riding.

Behind them, I smoked one of the KTM525, the KTM 450, and the XR650, without even trying too hard..

On the road portions - I tested out the top end - ITS BACK!!! Hit 97, Not 103, but that is after wearing 1/2 Inch off the knobbies trying to pull wheelies on the street, and using the street as a dyno when I was learning the Jetting..... Probably could have pushed it more, but they were too far back....

This was the most technical rides I've been on - It was soooooooooo muddy... Thick CLAY that you sink into 6 inches!!! Zig-Zag Curves, Washes, Whoops, Jumps, and covered the entire "Open" area at Ocotillo from Holmes Camp to Superstition to Pumpkin Patch, Shell Reef, Devils Slide, and the Bubbling Mud...

I am very very very happy with the way it runs now - 75-80 doesn't sound like its revving as bad as before... Maybe I just couldn't hear it with the Dirt Helmet on..

The 25/142.5 works AWESOME!! I think it was at 2 1/4 turns fuel screw in the desert and 2 3/4 or 3 here in San Diego.... I couldn't get it to BOG, Choke, miss, or do anything I didn't want it to... EXCEPT WHEELIES!!! It likes to lift the front tire with a 1/4-1/2 extra turn of the throttle... I was used to pegging it to lift the tire.... I ended up going over the handlebars the first time, because it suprised me, lifted, and I needed to brake about 5 feet in front of me for a tight corner.. Lost control, The Tire caught with all that torque built up, and I ouldn't stop, Couldn't turn, and flew about 10 feet after locking up both front and rear brakes...

I WISH I HAD RADIATOR GUARDS!!!!! I bent the fins on the right side, but its cosmetic and repairable, but I am taking it as a warning......... I gotta get them now - I may not be soo lucky next time - Same goes with the case guards, but no scratches or anything there...

Only injury was a bump on my shin from the handlebars... Through boots and all..

I got home about 4pm and the bike was no longer blue - it was totally covered in clay mud..... over an hour to get it off, but soooooooo worth it...

Anyway - I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me - Mostly Flipper and Burned - I really appreciate it...

Awesome story! Its reading this kind of thing that makes me really want to get my butt in gear and order the jet kit. Love the power of the drz but I am sure that this kit will make it rock. Thanks for the motivation!!!! :)

Burned! Bronco! Yipee! Yahoo! Whoa yeah! YeeHaw! There is a Supreme Being that watches over all! Glad it worked out for ya there with the jettin'! :)