Sign in to follow this  

What grease is recommended for linkage?

What grease should I use for my rear linkage? :) wrooster's link recommends....http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216791

I haven't been able to find his recommended grease locally. So far I have found these:

1. LubriMatic marine corrosion control and trailer wheel bearing grease.

2. Mystik JT-6 high temp multi-purpose lithium complex grease with a Timkin OK load in excess of 80lbs, NLGI#2

Should I use either of these...or maybe order MAXIMA waterproof grease http://www.maximausa.com/products/misc/grease.asp

Suggestions? :)

I used water proof marine grease. I didnt know there was a specific grease you needed to use, im guessing as long as its water proof it would be ok.

John

You can use Mystic JT-6 on most anything, I use it at work in machine bearings (Timken taper roller bearings) These bearings run at 1750 rpm 24/7 with a very high clamp load, never a problem, The grease it replaced was DOW 44 high temp. We used to use two types of grease for different components,Dow 44 for machine bearings(high temps)and multi-purpose for all other bearings and AC motors. Now we use just the JT-6 and we have used it for 5 years with no bearing issues. I dont hink you will go wrong if you were to use it, I use it on my swingarm. As far as water proof,any good lith grease will repel water. So if we use it on $575.00 a set bearings with no failures, then my bet is it is safe for what you want to use it on. I also use it for my truck chassis (2004 Silverado). :)

I use Bel Ray waterproof grease, it has worked for me for years. I lube my whole bike every 4 to 6 months and it is always good.I lube the wheels more often. :)