Sign in to follow this  

To all racers

Just got back from the first attack mx race in Arizona. Its definatly the real deal. First place is a 2005 ford f-350 and it pays all the way down to 15th(2000$). Check it out attackmx.com. If you dont get one close to your house,Its well worth a drive. :):D:):p:D

Did you ride or just watch? How many people per moto? I was thinking of riding the SoCal 250 Novice, but I am sure I will be the only "Novice" there in a field full of "expert" novices....... I am really curious about this race.....Details!

Did you ride or just watch? How many people per moto? I was thinking of riding the SoCal 250 Novice, but I am sure I will be the only "Novice" there in a field full of "expert" novices....... I am really curious about this race.....Details!

Once again, that what I am thinking too. Is it a true "novice" race, or is it sandbag city.

Apparently it was legit...see this thread: (you might have to be a member, but I don't think so to just read it.) The kid who won the truck sure looks happy, and I'm sure the guy who got tenth and won $3000.00 is pretty geeked too. The payouts are just unreal...talk about needing to watch for takeouts.

http://www.motonews.com/mototalk2/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=motomain&Number=309160&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1#Post309391

Also see this writeup in breaking news on Racerxill.com:

http://racerxill.com/main.cfm

Apparently it was legit...see this thread: (you might have to be a member, but I don't think so to just read it.) The kid who won the truck sure looks happy, and I'm sure the guy who got tenth and won $3000.00 is pretty geeked too. The payouts are just unreal...talk about needing to watch for takeouts.

http://www.motonews.com/mototalk2/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=motomain&Number=309160&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1#Post309391

Also see this writeup in breaking news on Racerxill.com:

http://racerxill.com/main.cfm

The kid that won the truck I'm sure is happy now, but wait until next years tax time :) Didn't sound like as many riders showed up as originally hoped for, but the weather I'm sure played a role in that. We received about 1/4 of our yearly annual rainfall in just a couple days (Thurs night - Sat afternoon).

They need to have a race like this for the Vets.

I don't think I would enter one of these events even if I had the chance, if you race one of these AMA will imeadiatly classify you as an EXPERT/PRO because there are payouts in every class. AMA recognizes ametuers as not racing for any types of payouts, so if you go, don't plan on attending any AMA races without being bumped to PRO.

So if I race it, and get any money at all.... I can tell all the local ladies I am a PRO!!?? SWEEEEEEEEEET :)

These races are not ama sanctioned, so the ama cannot automatically bump you to pro, however if you race an ama sanctioned race in a class less than pro and one of your competitors can prove you competed in an attack mx event you can be protested and dq'ed.

I don't think I would enter one of these events even if I had the chance, if you race one of these AMA will imeadiatly classify you as an EXPERT/PRO because there are payouts in every class. AMA recognizes ametuers as not racing for any types of payouts, so if you go, don't plan on attending any AMA races without being bumped to PRO.

The ama allready ok'ed it, check out the website

Theres no doubt that sand bagging will be bad but I'm still going to try and race a few of these events.

Sandbagging??????? How about the first winner.He is reportedly a european pro that came here and signed up under his novice brothers name and pulled a "miraculous come from behind win": I was going to race the Lake Elsinore race too but not now...... Just found on RacerX:

Racer X is investigating reports that David Snow, the winner of the first Attack MX race in the 125 Novice class yesterday, is actually a top British youth prospect named Alex Snow of South Molton, England. Snow won a brand new $40,000 Ford F350 pickup truck with an incredible come-from-behind ride. The Snow who signed up now lives in Greenville, Texas, with the Adam Chatfield family and rode one of Chatfield’s Honda of Houston motorcycles.

The Attack MX race promised out more than $75,000 in prizes, including X Card Mastercards that allowed novice riders to maintain their amateur status, and although the turnout was light, they kept their word and paid out all of the promised prices.

According to Attack MX coordinator Myron Short, they culled more than a half-dozen riders who over over-qualified for the novice program. As far as the race winner Snow goes, Short said he asked Adam Chatfield, who was with Snow at the event, about the winner. “The story he gave us was that the winner was definitely not Alex Snow but his little brother David,” said Short, who added that Snow had an ID card that said “David Snow.” Short also said that Chatfield told him that Snow had only raced “three times.”

Alex Snow or David Snow?

But according to two Racer X readers who hail from England, the rider in the photo in this photo with the new truck is Alex Snow, the same rider who is pre-entered to compete on an Alloy MX/Hooper Suzuki in the big international pro race on March 6 at Hawkstone Park in England. That race will include world championship contenders Mike Brown, Cedric Melotte, Erik Eggens, plus Red Bull/KTM factory riders Mike and Jeff Alessi. (For a complete list of entries, check out: http://www.hawkstonemx.co.uk)

“If the rider in the truck is the rider who won the race, then it is Alex,” said one Racer X reader from England. There are also reports that David Snow might be the name of Alex’s dad, and Alex’s little brother is named Harry, not David.

Questions about Snow’s class were raised immediately after the race. A Google Search online found that Alex Snow raced the Sheffield SX back in 2003 in the 125 Youth class, finishing third on a KTM. He also raced in the third round of the 2004 British Nationals in the money-paying class on May 9, 2004, finishing 20th in the first moto at Waggadon Farm MX near Torrington, which was won by South African MX2 GP contender Tyla Rattray over top British veterans Stephen Sword and Tom Church. Here are the results for that race: http://www.mxnow.net.

We did not find mention of David Snow in results from England. And we could not reach Chatfield or Snow for comment.

According to Attack MX’s Short, though Snow left with the truck, the title for the truck will not be handed over for seven days anyway. If it can be proved that Alex Snow was racing out of class, Short says the truck will then go to second-place finisher Michael Bussy, who literally lost by a wheel.

Stay tuned to this Breaking News story on Racer X Online.

Big trucks, or big money, brings out big sandbaggers! I believe they ruled that the prizes are a contingency program, so no pro status. They should send that lying little dirtbag bag back to England, with a good ole American thumpin, if it is proven that he is a euro-pee-in pro!

Yeah, well I just sent them an email this morning asking for my money back on my membership. They talked me into to signing up at one of our State races, promising me that the 250 Beginner Class race was going to be at an Arizona track in March. But guess what, there is no 250 Beginner Class race even on the schedule...

I wasn't at this race, but I did hear from a friend who was there that it was truly sandbag city. We got a ton of rain just a day or two before the weekend, and it only takes a little bit of rain to put this track under water. True novice riders would have struggled tremendously to ride this track well after it has received a lot of rain.

ben

This is what they need to do..................a mnth prior to each event, they need to send "undercover statisticians" to the host track for every race the track has on its normal (non factory contingency race) schedule. They need to track lap times of the 250 Novice class (for example) and come up with a track average lap time for the run of the mill 250 Novice rider. Once that time is established, they need to use transponders (Don't tell me they can't afford em') for each moto prior to the main "Prize moto" they need to track lap times and anyone with average lap times that are XX seconds faster than the average Novice time established is "culled" as a SANDBAGGER- WITH NO REFUND!

feetup lol I was talking to Highflyer yesterday on the way home & we discussed the same thing.... at a race or 2 prior to this event time the nov class or whatever class for that matter... if lap times are more than say 5 sec faster ( or some preset amount of time) then odds are its a sandbagger...

Dude I was there the sand baggin was not that bad. I'm telling you. And as for the euro pro, at least they caught him. If you dont enter one of these events you will be sorry after you see it in person. Remember that 15 th pays 2200$. In AZ a 43 year young man placed in the top 5 :)