Advice please

i am going to be buying a used yamaha 250f. its just which one. i did a search but nothing came up. i was wondering if its true that the wr requires less maintence. i'm 170, 5 7ish and was wondering which would be better. i will be trail riding, blasting down gravel roads, moto cross and just criuing around. i also would like to knoe how far i could go if i wanted to chang a wr into a yzf(power).

thanks

?

• 1 month later...

i have a yz250f and i like it a lot. i'm not much for the wr idea, but its all personal preference. i do a lot of trail riding on my yzf, probably more that than anything else, and it is holding up great. i don't see why the wr would require less maintrenence, i've never heard about that? but maybe. instead of changing a wr to a yzf, why don't you change a yzf into a wr? i would definitely go with a yzf, you won't regret it. i don't

Yes, i agree as well, but a yz does not require more maintenence than a wr, its just that most riders that ride a yz are racers that are hitting the rev-limiter all the time so they just need more maintenence when they are ridden like that.I've had mine for almost a year with no problems at all, just change the oil religeously and clean the air filter every ride. ?

I had a WR and now I have had a YZ for a year, I say go for the YZ, I even like my YZ better in trails then the WR, you will love it's light weight, and like someone said if you are riding motocross at all you should go for the YZ, you will like the YZ much better in trails then you would like the WR in motocross ?

I had a WR and now I have had a YZ for a year, I say go for the YZ, I even like my YZ better in trails then the WR, you will love it's light weight, and like someone said if you are riding motocross at all you should go for the YZ, you will like the YZ much better in trails then you would like the WR in motocross ?

haha yea the wr for motocross would be a little to heavy wat are they 20lbs more