Sign in to follow this  

Fastway chain blocks

Has anyone used chain blocks? Supposedly they tighten the chain without the use of the bolt into the swingarm, I don't understand how they work. One manufacture is Fastway but i think i have seen others. Thanks

I have a set of the fastways, You could tighten your chain buy flipping the axcel block arround, ( with the "horn" forward) but the chances of the chain slack being right on would be 1/1000.Fastway says the reason the "horn" is on the axcel block, is for gearing changes, Like if you running a 49 tooth rear, and want to swap to a 48, instead of re adjusting your chain, you just flip the axcel block around so the horn is forward, and it takes up the slack. Id say it would only be something you would do in a enduro, or when your changing gearing fast. because, the chain slack is still not going to be perfect after you change gearing.

The main reason for the offset axle blocks is to allow you to run the wheel farther back in the adjustment without having too much of the bolt threaded out of the swingarm. When the bolt gets threaded out very far it is easy to bend them, so with the extended side of the block facing the bolt you can move the axle back with the bolt safely threaded deep into the swingarm. It's really good on these '05 crf's because with stock gearing and a standard length chain it is fairly far back in the adjustment right off the bat.

Has anyone used chain blocks? Supposedly they tighten the chain without the use of the bolt into the swingarm, I don't understand how they work. One manufacture is Fastway but i think i have seen others. Thanks

You still have to adjust the bolts in the swing arm. There just wont be as much threads exposed.