Sign in to follow this  

Pro Cir Ti4

Just installed a new Ti4, kept the original header on my 05. Im feeling some bog, not off idle but after in 2nd and 3rd, right off the throttle, is that not enough gas or too much? Can this be fixed adjusting the fuel screw or do i have to re-jet again? :)

there are several factors that must be thought of..

are you running straight race gas?? is it oxygenated??? leaded or unleaded???

stock jetting??? just the slip-on muffler will not affect the jetting, but air temperature, humidity, and elevation will...

you need to keep your air filter evenly oiled, not dry..

turn your fuel screw out no more than 3/4 turn from stock

if your problems still persist, drain the float bowl... your needle jet may have debris in it, it sounds like a needle problem, not a main jet or pilot.

water will create headaches without ever being detected....

let me know what you find out..

just the slip-on muffler will not affect the jetting, but air temperature, humidity, and elevation will...

Ill have to dis-agree with you there, I know for a fact that a slip on exhaust WILL change the jetting on your bike. I have had 2 of them, and both my bikes need to be re-jetted after I insatlled them.

Right off throttle you will probably need to replace you slow jet with a #45. I would try turning the Pilot screw to 2 1/8 turns first and see if this helps before replacing the jet.

John

thanks for the input. oil filter is clean and freshly oiled, jetting was perfect the day before I put the pipe on, right off throttle, all power was there, have not yet adjusted the fuel screw, hard to believe i would have to rejet. Elevation/temp is about the same. I guess I will start witht he fuel screw and see if that helps, just wanted to know, if you guys thought it was getting too much or not enough before I started messing.

Ill have to dis-agree with you there, I know for a fact that a slip on exhaust WILL change the jetting on your bike. I have had 2 of them, and both my bikes need to be re-jetted after I insatlled them.

Nahh!

I tried that pc ti 4 slipon on my 05 and it killed the low and mid. I thought it was worthless. I went back and forth with stock 4 times and it made me sick to pull of that pretty silencer but nothing I did changed my result. Maybe the entire system is what I should of purchased?????????????????